MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Very stoopid kooeshiun...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Very stoopid kooeshiun... Reply with quote

I pulled out my duo from the box, just to see if it was in the mood to play that rare copy of Dungeon Exp. 2 I found on an old games store.. being a saturday, the thing saw fit to read the CD with no problems... then I decided to play some Dungeon Explorer 1, of course, this is a hucard. When I opened the card door, I noticed my Arcade Card was stuck in there, and then the question popped in my head...

What would happen if you stick an Arcade Card Pro(for PCE/TG systems without the sys card 3) on a Duo? Or an Arcade Card Duo on a normal PCE/TG CD Rom system? Short circuit? Fried systems? Refuse to boot but back to normal when you take it out? Of course no one has the guts to try that with their system nowadays, but those who have some knowledge of the system may have an answer for this very stupid question of mine.

Thanks for your time, everyone.

Spec.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Very stoopid kooeshiun... Reply with quote

Specineff wrote:
Short circuit? Fried systems?

Thanks NEC, no Cool

The AC Pro bundles an Arcade Card + Super System Card in one piece. It works on everything, Duo included. Well, perhaps not on the GT Wink

The AC Duo only works on those systems that already have the Super System 3 embedded: Duo, Duo-R, Duo-RX, Super CD-ROM System, LD-ROM System. It *might* work on the Turbo Duo with a Kisado-like adapter. Never tested that.

If you plug an AC Duo into an Interface Unit (Japanese Turbo CD), no fry no cry - it simply won't run anything.
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the Arcade card Duo and Arcade card pro both work on US Duo's with an import converter.

Just thought I would throw that in there...

Trū
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: