MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Thanks for making the best PC engine emulator availible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaDL50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Thanks for making the best PC engine emulator availible Reply with quote

Well I'd like to thank David personally for making this fine program.

YS Books 1 & 2 and Dracula X run flawlessly on the Demo, albeit Richter being completely blue when near water and the CD Audio not playing during the videos. It is still a awesome Emulator indeed, and nearly surpasses a real PC Engine.

I can't wait to get my key, so I can play my PC engine games as much as I want.

Very Happy Thanks
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for making the best PC engine emulator availible Reply with quote

OmegaDL50 wrote:
CD Audio not playing during the videos

Hi there,

Does the CD music work in the levels themselves?

Which OS do you have? First check that you have a proper CD-ROM audi cable connected from your CD-ROM to your sound card (especially if you're running under XP; most of the newer XP systems are missing this basic cable).
OmegaDL50

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the music plays perfectly fine during gameplay, it's just sometimes not all the time. When a video sequence loads the CD Audio is killed.

Of course apparently this only happened with versions prior to 0.99 beta5

The latest version apparently fixes the Audio problem. But the completely blue Richter when near a surface of water is still present.

Also I have another question. Does anyone know the correct volume setting for CD Audio, cause in both YS books I&II and Dracula X, it seems the CD audio overpowers the sound effects.

I tried lowering the volume settings in the config file but the Volume now sounds too low or muffled. Does anyone know a proper setting so I can hear the sound effects and cd music both at a decent volume so that the CD audio dos'nt sound louder then the Sound effects.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmegaDL50 wrote:
apparently this only happened with versions prior to 0.99 beta5

Nice to hear it works now.

Quote:
But the completely blue Richter when near a surface of water is still present.

Yup, this is a known bug actually.

Quote:
it seems the CD audio overpowers the sound effects.

I personally use a value of 70 in the config file. But you may also have to set it manually via your audio mixer (Sounds & Multimedia control panel). Give it a try.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last option works wonders for me. Made a backup of Dungeon Explorer 2 and ran it side by side with my Duo.

If V 1.00 makes it sound like a real machine with the Digital Audio Playback, I'll be in gaming heaven... Dancing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: