MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Question regarding monthly drawing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackIchor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Question regarding monthly drawing Reply with quote

First, hello to David Michel and thank you for helping me with a new key file when I lost my old one due to a hard drive problem, and also for making one of the best emulators in the business.

I had a question: in your monthly drawing for TurboGrafx CD games, do you sometimes offer regular (English version) CDs, or is it strictly import only? Nothing against imports, I'm sure those games are pretty good, but I cannot read a word of Japanese (though I may learn someday). Kinda makes it hard to play a text-heavy RPG that way :p.

I look forward to version 1.00 of Magic Engine...current version is very good, but I can't wait to see what they've done with the new one. Keep up the good work!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Question regarding monthly drawing Reply with quote

No no, it's not strictly import CDs, it's just that those are a lot more easy to find. I get the CDs either here in France or in Japan, English games are not very common here, or the few available (specialy RPGs) are very expensive.
BlackIchor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, ok, I understand. Thanks, David! I'm sure people in the rest of the world outside of England, U.S., and Japan tend to get left out in the cold, linguistically speaking. I'd guess that's why most of what people are able to obtain in European countries are the import games. Of all the games I've seen over the years, I don't recall seeing very many that had options to change the game's language. Only with the advent of emulation have I started to see special Spanish, French, German, etc. versions of roms. Haha, that was kind of off-subject though, sorry :p.

Well, I'm willing to play an import as long as it doesn't have Gaijin protection (for those reading this who aren't familiar with the term, "Gaijin", if I'm not mistaken, is Japanese for foreigner, and the term "gaijin protection" is what they label text heavy RPGs in Japanese that preclude any use by people who don't know the language).

Well thank you for the answer! And keep up the good work....Magic Engine is a quality emulator!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: