MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

How can I make full size screenshots ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zenta
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: How can I make full size screenshots ??? Reply with quote

Hello, first of all congratulations for the great work you are doing with this Magicengine emulator for Turbografx, it is great, a really good work.

My question is about screenshots, I know Magicengine can make itself screenshots simply pushing Backspace key, and the Shitf+Backspace key combination for the presentations stuff...

But the resulting screnshoots are in a very poor quality, the see very bad, they are in PCX format, they are very small and instead the small size its resolution is a horrorific...

I would like to ask a way to get full size Screenshots from the game in work, a mean, in a complete screen size...

Can it be done only with Magicengine emulator, switching anything or something...? if Not, then there should be any kind of external program that allows to capure images form the Magicengine running games, in full screen size and all that stuff.

I have tried a pair of Image capture programs, one of them with Directx stuff compatibility, but no result, the dont work while the amulator is running...

Does anybody have any clue what could I do.

It happens I recently get a correct ISO image of Dracula X (yea, Castlevania maniacs rules!), and it works perfectly with Magicengine emulator, but I can not make full screen shots, better instead in GIF or JPEG format... it would be great.

Can the emulator programmers implement this feature for a new Magicengine release? full size screenshots in JPEG or GIF? With a decent resolution ?

Well, I will continue trying more things, thankyou very much for your help and sorry my poor english.

By the way, I have a Pentium 3 1100 Mhz, 512 Ram, and Windows ME for OS...
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welll as for ME is concerned.. you may want to put down the version of ME you are usig. Smile

Also, for a screen capture program, you can always get HyperSnap-DX... it works good for me.

Trū
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: How can I make full size screenshots ??? Reply with quote

Zenta wrote:
But the resulting screnshoots are in a very poor quality, the see very bad, they are in PCX format, they are very small and instead the small size its resolution is a horrorific...

Hi Zenta,

Those screenshots are raw, that means they represent exactly what the PC Engine is actually displaying. They appear small to you only because you display them in a window on your 1024x768 (or better) monitor. For information, the average resolution of the PC Engine was 256x224... fullscreen. That makes quite a bit of a visual difference!

But I nevertheless understand what you mean. For external screenshots, I personally use SnagIt. It's an excellent snapshot program that supports PNG.

Zenta
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much Tru, I have tried with that program you told me, the Hypersnap, and it works perfectly, I can now take full size screenshots from Dracula X, and from any game I play in the PC, of course.

That Hypersnap is just the program I needed, thanks a lot, I didnt have any idea about its existence.

And about the screen resolutions issue, well, Im not an expert with those emulations topics, they are too much complicated for my simple mind Brick wall but I suspiced something like that could happen, that Magicengine made screenshots from the emulator engine, not from the PC enviroment and so.

For that reason I was asking for a good screen capturer, like Hypersnap.

You know, Kaminari, I have had always the SnagIt screen capture program, especially for those DirectX issues, but I must have done something wrong because it didnt work with Magicengine, but Hypersnap certaninly did it, it looks like we have got a better program than SnagIt, try it and compare, both it seems to me a better one.

That was all, thanks again for your help, Im very happy, thankyou pals, and excuse my poor english.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Zenta Smile

I personally prefer SnagIt over HyperSnap, which is way too overkill for my needs. Which SnagIt version did you have? Mine is 6.2 and it's able to snap absolutely everything, except for real DOS sandboxes -- which I never use directly under Win2K anyway; programs like Glidos, ScummVM, Exult and the like are so much better at running old DOS games under a native DirectX environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: