MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Do you believe in MagicEngine?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatpumpkin
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Do you believe in MagicEngine? Reply with quote

I've been enjoying the greatness of MagicEngine for quite some time now and would like to know the story behind it's creation. What exactly inspired the idea of MagicEngine? What has been the most difficult challenge? What has been the nicest reward? It baffles me as to how an emulator can even work in the first place let alone outperform the system that it is meant to emulate. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for an emulator beyond compare.

*TGP*
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in MagicEngine? Reply with quote

thegreatpumpkin wrote:

What exactly inspired the idea of MagicEngine?

I would say other emulators. When I found out about emulators a few years ago ('96) this is something that interested me immediately, at first to play again to the old games I enjoyed when I was a kid but quickly I got interested in programming one, there's something magic in an emulator, and it's quite a programming challenge, I like that. The PC-Engine has always been a console I liked a lot but I never really had a chance to enjoy its games, far too expensive for my little purse, I could only drool on game magazine screenshots or go play a bit at the nearest game shop, so when the idea of making an emulator started in my head I didn't hesitate one second, I had to make a PC-Engine emulator, this would be my chance to play to some of its game! I do have a true PC-Engine now though, and my CD collection is growing little by little. Smile

Quote:
What has been the most difficult challenge?

Hmm, may be to make MagicEngine what it is today: a complete, usable and not too buggy program. Emulating the PC-Engine was not easy but I enjoyed to do it so much that I didn't really find it difficult, and even though I'm the only programmer I got a lot of help, first from my brother who is working as much as me on MagicEngine, but also from a few other persons who helped me with many different things.

Quote:
What has been the nicest reward?

The feedback from users. It's something that can stress you, make you go crazy, kill you, but at the same times it's such a reward.

Quote:
It baffles me as to how an emulator can even work in the first place let alone outperform the system that it is meant to emulate. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for an emulator beyond compare.

Thank you. Very Happy
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you believe in MagicEngine? Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
The feedback from users. It's something that can stress you, make you go crazy, kill you, but at the same times it's such a reward.

Mmm. I'd sure better keep talkative then Wink
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KAM! back at last... good to see you again! Very Happy

Let's all join hands and sing koumbaya while we wait for the big one point 0 Dancing Whistle Applause
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

Let's just hope we won't have to deal with too many Dracula X requests Silenced
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Kami, I knew you couldn't stay away too long. Wink

About Dracula X, the new version of ME will include a CD database and will recognize the CDs, even if they have bad TOC or incorrect data track. If something is wrong you will get an error box telling you that CD xxx has been recognized but that it's a bad CD, hopefully this will help solve the Drac-X problem, and with CDDA support no more problems with missing audio track too. Dancing
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. With Dracula X out of the picture, support dropped down about 98%...

Easy for us then... Silenced
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipee! Thanks David Mr. Green

I just can't wait for the media player to be out! Did you give it a name (like MagicPlayer or something)?
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wuz wonderin' iff you had DRAKULA EX four the pee cee enjin?

i lukd on one syte and gayv up.sed f@!k it,i'll leech from sum dumb bastard hoo dun all tha wurk.

gimmy it.i no you gawt it.

LOL!

had to do that.

there will never be another pc engine emulator as this one_NEVER!it is by far the most easy,graphicly impressive,practicly bug-free,emulator out ther for pc engine.not only is it the best for pc engine,but it ranks high up with the other emulators for home consoles,surpassing them IMHO.this emu needs to be mentioned on TECH TV,for its amazingness.there could never be enough praise for this gorgeous thing!

ROCK THE FREAKY DEAKY!THIS PUPPY WILL BITE!!!!!!!

ROCK ON DAVID/CEDRIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEC RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: