MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Is there any way to make fullscreen not blurred?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macaw
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:14 pm    Post subject: Is there any way to make fullscreen not blurred? Reply with quote

I'v got legend of xanadu and cadash but unless I put it in the tiny window by pressing f11 it looks slightly blurred...can someone please help me?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It mostly depends on your graphic card and drivers. But you can try deactivating bilinear filtering in your INI file (ME 0.99b5):

Code:
  ;
  ; bilinear filtering
  ; --
  ;   y -> enable
  ;   n -> disable [default]
  ;
  ;   (this option doesn't work with all the video card)
  ;

filtering=n
Macaw
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried, still no luck...
Ive also tried changing the video mode to software/hardware, no luck...

Does anyone else have this problem??
Please some help me because magic engine is the only good pc engine emulator but I cant really play and enjoy games in zoom 2x2 because of the slight blurring.

If it is about video card and drivers, than can someone tell me where to get drivers that will fix the problem? By the way, I am using a geforce 4 mx460.

Thanks
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a go at the latest Detonator drivers (nvidia.com) but I doubt it will resolve your problem. Most GeForce models have bilinear filtering activated in hardware by default, and the only way to get rid of it would be to use a tweaking tool like RivaTuner (guru3d.com).

Note that my GeForce 2 Titanium luckily doesn't have this problem and, as such, I never had to try RivaTuner. It's a potentially dangerous tool for your card and you use it at your own risk.
dd
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
You can have a go at the latest Detonator drivers (nvidia.com) but I doubt it will resolve your problem. Most GeForce models have bilinear filtering activated in hardware by default, and the only way to get rid of it would be to use a tweaking tool like RivaTuner (guru3d.com).

Note that my GeForce 2 Titanium luckily doesn't have this problem and, as such, I never had to try RivaTuner. It's a potentially dangerous tool for your card and you use it at your own risk.

I have a GeForce2 MX 400 card, using the 30.82 release of th Detonator drivers. I have tweaked my graphics card so that it can display screen resolutions of 512x448 and 720x448, using RivaTuner. Finally I have modified the PCE.ini file to display fullscreen resolutions as follows;

res_256=512,448
res_320=512,448
res_352=720,448

Using the TV Mode switch with scanlines at 25%, MagicEngine is definitely the dogs b*****ks with regards PCE emulation! Wink Thanks to David Michel for helping me out with the above mentioned settings. One hell of an emulator, that's for sure! Very Happy

"Ooie, ooie, ooie and the cow went mooie!" Baba Jack
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a more genuine PC Engine experience, I'd personally recommend the following resolutions (note that the last two options don't work as of now):

res_256=512,448
res_320=672,448
res_352=672,448
res_512=512,448
res_gui=512,448
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be just me, but maybe Magic Engine's video output is OS dependent? I remember with the exact same PC I use now, and using the exact same PCE.INI file, under Windows ME fullscreen was filtered. After I switched to Windows XP, didn't change anything and fullscreen was normal ( read : sharp ).

Or maybe I was just lucky? David?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is OS dependent but MagicEngine has no control over it, the bilinear filtering is probably controlled by either the OS, Direct-X or the video driver, or all three, but programs have no control over it. Sad

Another way to disable the blur is to use the TV mode with interpolation and scanlines off :

tv_mode=y
interpolation=n
scanlines=4
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe there's dust on yer screen?

kiddin. Dancing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: