MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

MagicEngine can't find any CD-ROM drives.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimensio
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: MagicEngine can't find any CD-ROM drives. Reply with quote

I reported a problem with Dracula X a week ago, I've since determined that Magic Engine is simply not finding either of my CD-ROM drives. One is an IDE/ATAPI DVD-ROM drive and the other is a USB CD-RW drive.

I'm running Windows 2000. I've installed three different ASPI layers without any change. It's especially frustrating since I've had it working on previous Win2K installs.

I've checked PCEngine's log, each time I start it the ASPI layer is checked and no CD-ROM devices are found. This happens with 0.98. With 0.99 I get this:

scanning NT scsi drivers...
- E: error!
- F: error!
checking CD-ROM drives... no adapter found!
opening ASPI DLL... OK
scanning ASPI devices...
- drive #: adapter=0, unit=6, lun=0 [type=0]
no CD-ROM drive found!
CD-ROM emulation disabled!

Anyone know how I might remedy this problem?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Gens.

If you can't select any of your CD drives in Gens neither, your ASPI layer is fucked up. Nothing to do with Magic then (except that Magic is supposed to fall back on SPTI if ASPI doesn't work).

You don't need to have any Mega/Sega CD, you just have to launch the emulator and see if your drives appear in the menu or not.

Bai-bai...
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: MagicEngine can't find any CD-ROM drives. Reply with quote

Dimensio wrote:

scanning NT scsi drivers...
- E: error!
- F: error!

MagicEngine sees your 2 CD-ROM drives, but it fails to access them... I'm not sure but this may be because you don't start Windows 2k in root/admin mode, I think normal users can't run program that access low level system drivers.
Dimensio
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I fixed it with a registry adjustment.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentcontrolSet/ASPIXNT/Parameters

Removed "ATAPI" from the "ExcludeMiniports" key.

Running as administrator did not help the problem, and I don't like using "run as administrator" as a solution to any game or emulator problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: