MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

A question to Dave or a vet like Kaminari or Specineff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaDL50

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:47 am    Post subject: A question to Dave or a vet like Kaminari or Specineff Reply with quote

I understand that Magic Engine v1.00 will be coming out soon.

and the current release is 9.9 Beta 5.

My question is Hypothetically if there was a Beta 6,Beta 7,Beta 8, and Beta 9 before the Release of v1.00

When would have Beta 7 been released. I'm NOT saying I want a version before the release of v1.00.

I'm just asking in the hypothetical situation that there was a release to a Beta 7 when would it have been released.

Beta 5 was released July 6th 2002, almost a year and a half ago.

So I can automaticly assume that version 1.00 is going to something awesome for such the long time between versions.

Also one more question.

The GUI for Magic Engine the brown text boxes with the Blackback ground with the words Magic Engine in red.

I was wondering if there was to be a facelift to the GUI or ways to change the color scheme or add new backgrounds.

I understand compatibility is top priority to make Magic Engine good at what it does best "The Emulation of Turbo DUO PC Engine/ Turbo Grafx 16 games"

But I was wondering if the feature to change the color scheme to the GUI such as making the brown windows like blue or red or something and adding your own background image to the emulator.

The appearance of the GUI is minimal when the you usual load it up to play a game on it.

But having the ability to customize the way it looks would be a nice feature added.
RandwulfX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a cosmetic "upgrade" to the GUI.

It should be easy enough to create an extra section under OPTIONS where you can take captured images (in whatever format ME v1.x will save them as) and use that image as the background.

Maybe we should have a poll about it Eh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the old GUI (a remnant of MagicEngine's DOS origins) is going to be history soon. ME 1.0 should feature a system-compliant widget GUI à la SNES9x (ie. specific to the host OS).
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, it won't be specific to the host OS, v1.0 has its own GUI that works on top of OpenGL, so actually it will looks and works the same on all the machines. But you are right about the old GUI being history soon, the new GUI is a true GUI with windows, widgets, etc... and everything is fully configurable. It can be themed too but for now there's only one theme and it can't be changed by the user.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A question to Dave or a vet like Kaminari or Specineff Reply with quote

Betas were released every 4 months or so, if we had continuated to release betas for v0.99 we would be at beta 9 I think.

We stopped releasing betas to have more time to work on v1.00, the old version was becoming difficult to improve so we decided to rewrite all the emulator. v1.00 will be the third generation of ME, and logicaly it will be the last generation, we now have a solid base for ME, with this new core adding new features will be very easy. I really like this new version, no big changes but everthing will work a lot more smoothly than the old version.
OmegaDL50

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for answering my questions. Very Happy

I am very happy that I registered Magic Engine a while ago, when I heard the rumors of v1.00

It makes me happy that I could contribute to Dave by registering my copy so that he could continue and make even greater progress with Magic Engine.

Looks like Magic Engine v1.00 is going to be something fierce.

Here is a round of aplause for Dave and Cedric's hard works.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like Magic Engine v1.00 is going to be something fierce.
It will be only if we all contribute.

Also, im sure that David will eventualy add many or all of the features we suggest to him as long as they are 'constructive'...

For my part, I perfer to wait till the big one point o. Im sure that ideas will be pouring then...

My 2 cents.
detheavn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
the new GUI is a true GUI with windows, widgets, etc... and everything is fully configurable. It can be themed too but for now there's only one theme and it can't be changed by the user.
Aww, guess I'm the only one who actually liked the old GUI ... it made ME stand out from other emus ... Sad
RandwulfX
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Magic Engine 1.0 GUI Reply with quote

I for one have enjoyed the GUI for the older versions of M.E. Cool .
It is my understanding that the new GUI will be a variation on the same concept Eh? . If I am wrong, PLEASE correct me asahp.
Confused
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Engine 1.0 GUI Reply with quote

Don't worry, the new GUI won't be really different from the old one, we kept the same concept, it's just more pretty, more clear and more easy to use. Smile

The new GUI is widget based but that's on the internal side, to make things more easy for us to add new options or new elements to the GUI, this won't affect the look.
mukimuki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't sure whether to make a new topic, but as this seems to be GUI based...
what i would love to see is the ability to support more than one image per game (preferably 3- cover scan, title and in game)
and 32bit colour windowed mode would be nice too (but not a priority for me) Very Happy

all the best for ver1.00
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: