MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Unofficial MagicEngine Cheat F.A.Q. Version X.X

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did you find the current F.A.Q. useful?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Unofficial MagicEngine Cheat F.A.Q. Version X.X Reply with quote

Welcome to the Unofficial Magic Engine Cheat F.A.Q. Version 1.0
Written By GMO/GameMasterZer0 from the CMP/Codemasters-Project Team

All the following information was written specifically to be used with Magic Engine, anything else does not belong here. Questions?
Before I start answering questions, this needs to be made clear... this is NOT a code request!

Question 1 - What can I use Magic Engine for in regards to cheats?
Everyone has their own answers but here is mine. I use MagicEngine for multiple things such as creating cheats, taking screen shots that I have used for creating/generating dungeon maps and translation guides.
A lot of requests I receive have to do with people making full game walkthroughs where they are looking for full item lists, stats on enemies, or damage charts/meters.
That is a faction of what I receive in my emails/PM.
- Example 1 - Click HERE for Neutopia for Dungeon Maps
- Example 2 - Click HERE for Keith Courage in Alpha Zones for Debug Menu Japanese to English Translation

Question 2 - Where can I find cheats codes to be used with Magic Engine?
- Click Here for the MagicEngine Cheat Forum for User-Made codes. The BEST place to start!
- Click Here for a link to my original cheat pack for codes I specifically created, so all you need to do is replace your cheat folder.
- Click Here for the GSHI/Gamehacking.org PCE/TG16 code database
- Click Here for the GSHI/Gamehacking.org PCD/TGCD code database

Question 3 - How do I add cheats into MagicEngine?
On the MagicEngine screen, right click anywhere, click on, "MISC" and then click on, "CHEAT". It's pretty straight forward.
- Click HERE for dmichel's post on the subject
- Click HERE for my version of adding/updating codes to existing files

Question 4 - How do I make codes using Magic Engine?
I will answer this is two parts.
PART ONE - You will need the following...
- MagicEngine (Obviously)
- Arithmetic (Math) need to know the basics like adding/subtracting, increase/decrease, 1s 10s 100s 1000s (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands).
- Calculator (Needs to be able to convert between DEC <-> HEX)
- Time (It's a time consuming process)
- Patience (If you lack this, then you need to leave,.. like NOW)
- Notation (Actually play the game and take notes)
- Clarity (It's part of patience),please CLEARLY when posting codes use the CORRECT description.
Do not post a code that says, "Invulnerable" when it's clearly "Unlimited Energy/Health".
They are two different codes entirely.

OPTIONAL: I personally use Cheat Engine and DeltaMaker along side MagicEngine.
Cheat Engine I attach to Magic Engine for its' memory viewer and Delta Maker I use to convert multiple address based on offsets.

PART TWO - References/Tutorials*
Click HERE for dmichel's How To Find A Cheat (Part 1)
Click HERE for How To Find Unlimited Lives (Unknown Search)
Click HERE for How To Find Energy/Health (Unknown Search)
Click HERE for How To Find Invincibility Codes
Click HERE for How To Find Level (Stage) Modifiers with Save States
More References/Tutorials will be coming soon...
NOTE* These are reference and may NOT guarantee the results you were specifically looking for.

Congratulations! Putting all these references/tutorials and resources together, you are now beginning to "Develop" what I call the "Gamer Mindset". What I mean by the Gamer Mindset is you can start playing the game, take notes of want you want to make, and make it happen.

Question 5 - How come some of the C.D. based game's codes are not loading?
Unofficially, I would have to say has something to do where you got the game from. Some people play on different "rips" of the game and they some of the addressed have been modified/moved.
If this is the case, try making a code and open your cheat folder and post the Game ID that is followed by your Game Title.
Example: Ys Book 1 and 2 - Ancient Ys Vanished with Game IDs like HCD9009, HCD4074, & TGXCD1002.

I know that doesn't answer your specific question, but it's a start in the right direction.

Quote:
Will add future questions and answers in following updates.

Last edited by GameMasterZer0 on Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:19 pm; edited 7 times in total
GameMasterZer0
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reserved This space for EXPALINATIONS & TERMINOLGY

This is the basic layout of the PCEngine/Turbo GrafX16 controller

I personally use an USB controller over the keyboard, I am use a NES USB controller as well.
You can find them pretty cheap on Amazon

Q. How do I conducted an Unknown Search?
In the CHEAT menu, with no value entered, click on Begin Search

Q. How do I find codes using an Unknown Search?
A lot of it is just theory, but it's safe to assume after you begin your initial Unknown Search, if whatever you are looking for is an "UPGRADE or "INCREASE"
it's safe to say you want to do a GREATER THAN SEARCH, which is presented by a + Symbol.
If something would "Decrease" or to "LOSE" something, you would do a LESS THAN SEARCH, which is represented as a - Symbol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: