MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Hardware requirements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keranu
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Hardware requirements Reply with quote

I see that the PC-FX emulator is getting closer to being complete, which is very nice to see. Anyways, I need to know what the computer hardware requirements are going to be for this emulator, because the machine I use will most likely not be able to handle it since it's only a Pentium II with 97mb of RAM. However, my dad has a laptop that might be able to handle it. Also, I need to know if it's neccessary to have decent video card to handle it. Thanks in advance.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hardware requirements Reply with quote

A PII won't be enough, I can play to a couple of games at almost full speed on my PIII 600Mhz but for most games a 1GHz+ machine is required. You will need a decent video card too but you don't need the fastest ones, it's a bit slow on a TNT 2 but there's no problem on a GeForce 3, even a GeForce 2 should be ok I think.
Keranu
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Dave. I have a couple of old video cards laying around somewhere, I will have to get back to you on them. I just know they are not very good, but might be as good as a G-Force II. Thanks for the info again, it's all I needed.
fluke2k
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think my, now somewhat old, PC can handle the new emu well?
My system:
PIII ~833 MHz
512MB Ram
ATI Radeon 9600 128MB DDR

If it does I'm def. buying it!!Smile
plz hurry up.. hehe
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be ok I think, at least the emulator won't be slowed down by the video card. Smile
Azzman77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, I'm pretty sure my main system will cope with the PC-FX emu (P4 1600/1GB RDRAM/258mb Radeon 9600 Pro) and on my server setup (2.4GHz Celeron/768Mb DDR/GeForce2 Ti), but what about my laptop... it's a 1.4GHz Centrino/256Mb DDR/64meg shared grafx. I figure it should run ok, but it has struggled on a few PC games but i think that's due to me trying to run everything on max, lol.
Blood30

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe dont think i will have a problem p4 prescott 3.50ghz Wink got a nvidia 6800ultra on its way too Angel , azz? the centrino`s are alot better than you think Mr. Green

May the force be with you. Allways

Intel Xeon X3350 @3.6ghz 1800fsb, 4gb corsair 900mhz mem, Asus rampage formula, Nvidia 280GTX
Azzman77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood, you have WAY too much money... and you had the cheek to charge me for that PSU too Rolling Eyes

The Centrino is a cracking little cpu, it was more the grafx/ram situation that was playing on my mind, although i'm gonna put at least another 256Mb of DDr in there soon so the ram won't be a problem then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: