MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

PC-FX SDK?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabre470
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: PC-FX SDK? Reply with quote

Hello,

Do you plan to release a magickitFX?

That would be quite fun to see homebrew games on the FX !!!

Also, I found a tool to extract video in MJPEG from the FX games, but I don't think there is one to re-inject them in an iso.

Such tool would be quite useful for translation, we could then add subtitles or dub the video.

Thanks

Sabre

PC-FX translation
www33.brinkster.com/sabrevgc
update soon!!! Mr. Green
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: PC-FX SDK? Reply with quote

No real plan yet for a PC-FX development kit, but yes it's possible we make one. Smile

For infos there are already a couple of Japanese PC-FX dev kit but there's no English documentation and they are rather low level.

Quote:
Also, I found a tool to extract video in MJPEG from the FX games, but I don't think there is one to re-inject them in an iso.

Such tool would be quite useful for translation, we could then add subtitles or dub the video.

This may not be possible for all games, often the position of MJPEG frames is hardcoded on the CD, you can replace the frame by another one of the same size or smaller but not by a bigger one, which might happen if you add subtitles. Not an impossible task but not as easy as replacing an .avi by another one. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: