MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

march '04 contest correction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceGodzilla
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: march '04 contest correction Reply with quote

Not to be tooo terribley nit-picky, but the scans and screen shots for both the Cosmic Fantasy game listing and the March contest are actually Cosmic Fantasy 3. Shame on you
I have all three games, but I've only played the second one. I had it in English back when the TG16 was still in stores and it was a big part of securing my love affair with both RPG's and anime. Now I've got all three, but in I could only find them in original Japanese. Oh well, always wanted to learn that language anyway; guess now I have a good pressing reason to do so.
Anyway, I'm just stating my credentials with reguard to my correction; it's Cosmic Fantasy 3.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: march '04 contest correction Reply with quote

Nono, it's Cosmic Fantasy 1. Smile
But they are easy to mix, both the 1 and the 3 have the same characters, the 2 was different, I don't know much about Cosmic Fantasy story though, any Cosmic Fantasy fan here?

Here's the title screenshot of the 3 :

animefx
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: i'm a cosmic fantasy expert Reply with quote

to spacegodzilla

david michael is right, the contest pictures are definitly cosmic fantasy 1, its a great game although the towns people don't move around... you'll also notice that cosmic fantasy 1 has actually has a small backround during the battles, and cosmic fantasy 3 does not, in cosmic fantasy 3 its totally black, also the enemies are more "cartoony" and more anime style. cosmic fantasy 1 tells the story of yuu and saya, yuu, saya appear in every cosmic fantasy game, but i'm still not sure why you confused cf1 with cf3 though.

cosmic fantasy 2 battles has a backround, but its simly the overworld or where ever you are on the map when you run into a battle.

both cosmic fantasy 4 games (chapter 1 and chapter 2) by the way, have beautiful lush and colorful backrounds, and the battles are much more interactive and even have an atb-like bar much like final fantasy games, except the battles are forward view like phantasy start or dragon quest. best rpgs of all time in my honest opinion.

i hope the new magic engine will have uncompressed and compressed save states, thats been a useful tool in the current magic engine for hacking... maybe one day cf1, cf3, cf4-1, and cf4-2 will all be translated Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: