MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ME 1.0 = biggest hoax evah
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassVial
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: ME 1.0 = biggest hoax evah Reply with quote

Lets face it people, it's been over 6 months since my last post, and closing in on *2 years* since the last ME release. ME 1.0 is *never* coming out. All you people wishing, hoping, asking for a release by x-mas of '03 (hahaha I got a good laugh out of that one) are just wasting your time. This guy's just been dangling a fake carrot in front of you what seems like forever. I am offically giving up hope on ME 1.0 ever coming out, and giving up all faith in this developer due to his reluctance of updated info to at least spark hope (which there have been almost none in several months) and the overall vagueness of "what's coming" (note how there's really been no big specifics?? red flag!!) Quit pining away and wasting your lives.

I don't support developers that don't support their product, and neither sould you. Nuff said.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you shared all that with us... Shame on you Eh? Shhh
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously wasn't around when David took a hiatus of four years between the last DOS release in 1997 and the first Windows release. We almost thought he had leaved for the Cayman Islands with the cash box, yet he came back with a new ME version up his sleeves when we didn't expect it anymore.

But I see your point. And thankfully, we do have a life.
Blood30

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dood? david has a life to attend to just like everyone else, except you it seams Shame on you , give the guy a break, me will be realesed when he has time, otherwise go and crawl back under the rock you crawled out from Brick wall

May the force be with you. Allways

Intel Xeon X3350 @3.6ghz 1800fsb, 4gb corsair 900mhz mem, Asus rampage formula, Nvidia 280GTX

Last edited by Blood30 on Tue May 25, 2004 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Azzman77
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME v1.0 is gonna be a big update so of course it's gonna take time to code. What would you rather DM do... release some half assed buggy piece of crap just to please the impatient lamers like yourself? Give the guy a break and have a little faith in him.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I myself have lost a little faith in the release and am impatient as hell, it is still my belief it's coming. It's a matter of pride and David will not let the best PCE emu sit there and rot.

Dave, could you please post a pic or something from the new release that quietens these evil rumors?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what I want to know is, will the 'stretched-cinemas-while-using-zoom-&-tvmode-off' be a thing of the past?

You know, like on most cd-rom2 titles when the cinemas are in small box, (like Ys I&II, Valis II ect...) they stretch fullscreen.

Just wondered if it was fixed, thats all Anxious ...

***DISCLAMER***
This post was meant as a mean of information only. Any similarities with other posts is purely accidental...

Legal stuff, sheesh.... Laughing Wink
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Well, what I want to know is, will the 'stretched-cinemas-while-using-zoom-&-tvmode-off' be a thing of the past?

Yes, it has been fixed. Smile

Guys, like I said here many times we are doing our best to finish this new version as soon as possible but we can't work faster than our free time allow us, if it's going slow this is just because we have been very busy lately and can't work as much as we would want on MagicEngine but that doesn't mean that we aren't working or that v1.0 won't be released, believe me it will! We put a lot of work in it, we didn't go that far to drop it now, plus we do want to fully enjoy it too. Just be a little more patient and don't lose faith, you won't be disappointed!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't lose faith, you won't be disappointed!
I believe you David, no pressure at all from my part... Cinemas are fixed, and sound is working (right?) so everything is perfect now....

Keep up the good work.

Oh ya... Pray Whistle Dancing Mr. Green
GlassVial
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too late, already lost faith. Yet another short, vague answer filled with excuses rather than a progress report, designed to placate us. Sorry, I'm not buying it. No timetable for release (not even an estimate) no info on what's coming unless it's specifically asked for, and it took an a-hole like me a post like this to finally rouse the sleeping giant (which took days at that). I'm quite surprised this project isn't on "dead" status at other EMU sites. This is just same sh-- different day here.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, one more thing: ME is a shareware. See what I mean? You're buying a keyfile for the version that was available at the time of your registration, and that's pretty much it. You can whine all you want, ME is not a commercial product: in other words, David has absolutely no legal obligation whatsoever to fulfill your desperate longing for a shiny new version. Just be content with what you have, and you might be pleasantly surprised in the future -- if you're still around, that is.

As Zeuxis said a long long time ago, it's easier to criticize than to imitate.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also should be thankful Dave is not charging us for the new version, like many software providers do when they release a revision of their software. *cough, cough.. nero, cough..*

BTW, have you bitched the guys who created Yame and HU-GO? They haven't released anything new lately, and I think you should be equally annoying with all the PCE emu authors.

And after that, go and bitch ZSKnight, Marat Fayzullin, Omar Cornut, Demo, Tomato, Squaresoft74, Nightwolve, and everyone who has coded or contributed to the emulation scene.

Give the guy a break. He's got payments to make and a life to attend just like everybody else. It's not like David is sitting in the french riviera (Hmm.. Club Med) sipping margaritas and getting a tan while considering hitting some keystrokes next week to code some more.

Anxious (You're not sitting at club med sipping margaritas, right David? . lol J/K Razz )
Tru
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlassVial wrote:
Too late, already lost faith. Yet another short, vague answer filled with excuses rather than a progress report, designed to placate us. Sorry, I'm not buying it. No timetable for release (not even an estimate) no info on what's coming unless it's specifically asked for, and it took an a-hole like me a post like this to finally rouse the sleeping giant (which took days at that). I'm quite surprised this project isn't on "dead" status at other EMU sites. This is just same sh-- different day here.

1: Hmmmm.. lets see here... you want to b*tch and whine about the new release... Hmmm.. tell you what,.,, why don't you code a emu that is even better than ME??? Can you even do anything remotely close to that??? Then STFU

2: Lost Faith??? Well, since that is your thought on that, I hope that the Pirated Key File you use will be blacklisted in this upcoming release... I say that cause if you really paid for the emulator, you would not have lost faith, but would have praised a little more in hopes of showing David how much you really support his work.

3: It isn't reported as a dead emu because it is not dead? Are you that ignorant that you come to believe that just because of a lack of updates, a project is dead? Hmmm... I guess that means that all these software companies that make software for your computer should be told that thier software should be stopped since it takes them a few years to get updated programs or updates posted... Hmmm.. come to think of it... there was a long wait from Windows 95 to Windows 98.... but hey... that project hasn't dies yet... look... M$ made it all the way to XP.. and currently working on LongHorn...

4: Yes, we know that if you have lost that much faith in a emulation project, that you really should get a job and move out of your mothers house. Then you may see that in the real world, not everyone gets to sit thier ass at home in front of the TV and eat cheese puffs all day... And besides, if you really have lost all this faith, why don't you ask your mommy really nice to buy you a TurboDuo System, then you could go out and buy all the games that you would rather pirate... and then you wouldn't need to lose faith in anything... except yourself.

5: Whinning like a 2 year old is not going to make David say: "Oh gee... I guess I need to get a release out before everyone comes to my home and beats me up..." I mean.. come on now... grow up already! And it also is not going to make David release the emu before he wants it to be released.

6: Patience... "If you wait for IT... IT will come"
(sorry, couldn't resist the Field of Dreams quote there)

Trū

and Dave... I didn't forget to send you something, I have just been really busy lately... Look in the mail next week... Dancing
GlassVial
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'm not a developer, I'm a technician. Without guys like me, devs would have no working computers TO code on, so YOU STFU.

2. I don't know wtf you're talking about. I already stated I don't support developers that don't support their product, if you ASSume that I use a pirated key that's on you. You don't know sh-t.

3. At least MS updates their product.

4. That totally made no sense. I guess you must really have a thing for your mom. Hope you f-ck her gently.

5. Would be nice to at least have a progress report, a post saying "I'm still alive" etc.

6. I've been patient, and I'm sure there's others who've been 100x more patient than me. I'm done being patient, and IT is not coming.

And as far as bitching at other devs, I don't need to. They either release updates on a regular basis, OR have declared their projects dead. One or the other, not dangle a carrot in front of your face and make empty promises left unfufilled years later for something that's never, ever coming, stringing you along for the ride. Hell I don't even like playing my TG16 games anymore, mostly due to this, and the realization of what superior emu's are out for other systems now (and those games being so much better).

Bah, I say. Have fun living in your dreamlands with your delusions, I'll stick with "I'll believe it when I see it" and something tells me, that'll be never. I'm past the point of caring.
XERO

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: IMO Reply with quote

im just happy with what i have....and grateful for it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: