MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Some comments about the 1.0 pre.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zektor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a USB sidewinder and I see that picture as well, although I must admit that I would too prefer the old way of configuring the pad with just a pic of a TG16/PCE pad and configurable buttons....all because I know I will not be using this sidewinder for much longer Smile Also, another comment on the new release. I notice that for the CD-Rom select I only have the option of selecting which drive to boot from, but no options on what system card I want to use. I realize this is just a PR release and this may not be in there because of that, but is this the case? I like switching to the different system cards. And lastly, I notice no more country flags next to the romnames. This was/is a great feature... hope it's in the final!

All in all however, very nice work. Never in any software I have purchased have I been so pleased as with ME! Smile
zektor
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

generalleoff wrote:
Looks like i'm in the same boat as Ishan666 with my PlayStation controller Smile

I can get around the problem pretty easy myself with a little bit of work. I also already got around the problems with the un responsive controller by just using JoyToKey (google for it). It is an effective temporay fix until the real problem is solved.

Thanks for the JoyToKey tip! I've been looking for a reliable program to do this for a long time...seems to work great!
Aramis
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,
Really happy to see this new ME with all this new fantastics features and all its new irritating things Very Happy
Everything not mentioned is perfect Surprised

_Like everyone, this pad configuration method is really not convenient, I use a Direct Pad Pro PSX pad and have to flip between windows pad config and ME to configure. Why don't you make a config which says"press Run Buton on your pad" then you press the button you want etc.... like all the other emulators Confused

_60Hz display freq Confused couln't be possible to keep the same freq as the windows desktop or choose it?

_scrollings are "sacading" Whistle triple buffering or something like that couldn't help?

_sound freeze when CD disk access, and it's quite irritating when watching cinemas.

_alt-enter to flip window/full mode ?????

Dont see anything else ................ for the moment

Keep good job, ME really rules!
Tomasz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
_60Hz display freq couln't be possible to keep the same freq as the windows desktop or choose it?

Remember, this is now an OpenGL application, and OpenGL defaults to 60 Hz in Windows XP. You have to force a different frequency in your video driver settings. This is really easy to do in ATI's drivers.

Quote:
_scrollings are "sacading" triple buffering or something like that couldn't help?

It seems like you are describing tearing. This is caused by "wait for vsync" being turned off, as it usually is by default for OpenGL applications. Once again, there should by an option in your video drivers to force vsync on. Ditto for triple buffering, which may help your performance if vsync drops it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: