MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

MagicEngine 1.0 PR 2!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: MagicEngine 1.0 PR 2! Reply with quote

A new version is available on the news page!

If you still have gamepad problems, run the emulator and press everything on your gamepad for a few seconds and exit, then either e-mail me your log.txt file or post the end of the file here, these infos should help me find where's the problem.

CD audio should be ok now I think, let me know...

Dancing
The Coop
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off...

Applause

Congrats. You just now made the best PC Engine emu even better. I can only speak for myself, but the CD audio works great for the most part on my XP-based PC.

Thanks for putting in all the hard work you guys have. This emu is going to make a lot of XPers very happy Very Happy

Edit:

With that said, upon further playing, I found that if you die, the CD audio doesn't start back up when the game continues. Also, at the end of the track, it fails to loop. This was discoverd while playing Dracula X. Don't know if the same thing happens with other PCE CDs.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR2 works great here, except that it will only run in Window Mode.

When setting windowed=n, it displays the Magic Engine 1.0 window, tries to switch to fullscreen (I can see a black screen for a microsecond) then it silently crashes to the desktop. The log file indicates nothing special, it stops right after the gamepad stats. PR1 didn't have this problem at all Think

Win2K SP4, DirectX 9.0c, GeForce3 Ti, ForceWare 66.93.

The Coop wrote:
I found that if you die, the CD audio doesn't start back up when the game continues. Also, at the end of the track, it fails to loop. Don't know if the same thing happens with other PCE CDs.

Yes it does.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave seems like you did it. Applause

Seems the only major issues are the USB pads and the CD audio not looping when a song ends. You can do it, man!
Alexsource
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for turbo mode!!! Very Happy Very Happy Now i can get around 100 fps in gui, and around 52 in game! Surprised still, in game it feels like the output is still not as fast as 99b5, even when turning all the fancy options off.
What else... Saphire now boots! Surprised The intro cinema is not synching up well... and there seems to be some problems in game, when loading sounds or something, all the sound freezes for a few seconds. I've tried default buffers and buffer size, and the maximun setting for each (75 and 25), and it didn't fix it, nor the synch problem at the intro. Also tried turning video sync on.
Keep up the good work david! Mr. Green Mr. Green
[edit]One more thing! it seems some sound effects are broken for soldier blade in pr1 and 2, as pr1 was so slow, i didn't bother testing many games Razz, but in pr2 this happens even with turbo mode on. The aforementioned sounds are mostly digitised-like explotions when large enemies dies, and the digitized speech ('i'll be back').[/edit]
someguy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case nobody has found this out, there's a temporary cure for the audio tracks not repeating in pr2. At the end of the track, state save then immediately state load. The track will start up again.
generalleoff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[GAMEPAD STATS]
gamepad 0 stats:
poll: failed=2098 success=0
axes (3):
- 0: min=268435456 max=-268435456 [0 (0 / 0)]
- 1: min=268435456 max=-268435456 [0 (0 / 0)]
- 2: min=268435456 max=-268435456 [0 (0 / 0)]
povs (1):
- 0: min=268435456 max=-268435456 [0 (0 / 0 / 0 / 0)]
buttons (12):
- 0: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 1: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 2: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 3: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 4: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 5: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 6: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 7: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 8: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 9: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 10: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
- 11: off=0 on=0 bitmask=00
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaminari wrote:
PR2 works great here, except that it will only run in Window Mode.

When setting windowed=n, it displays the Magic Engine 1.0 window, tries to switch to fullscreen (I can see a black screen for a microsecond) then it silently crashes to the desktop. The log file indicates nothing special, it stops right after the gamepad stats. PR1 didn't have this problem at all Think

Strange... I don't remember having modified the fullscreen mode.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: oh I remember a diff, in PR 2 I select a 60Hz refresh rate, in PR 1 I was letting Windows choose... could it be that?
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you already released pr3, but I spent all day going through my games so there might be something useful here. Let me know if you need screen shots of the graphical glitches.

I tested all my original game discs (no copys) and a bunch of random HuCard roms.

CD Games (original discs):

Gate of Thunder (4-in-1)
The sound sound made when the menu zooms in after selecting Gate of Thunder "sticks" until you start a game. Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and Bomberman work fine though.

Ys Book I&II
The raster line that should be at the top is rendered at the bottom of the screen. The CD audio is quieter than it should be, compared to the sound effects.

Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams
The CD audio is quieter than it should be, compared to the sound effects.

Art of Fighting
The top of the game screen is cut off a bit.

Flash Hiders
Graphic glitches. The background in certian places (e.g. the very begining) some raster lines show the previous screen instead of the current one. I can send pictures if you need them.

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna Bonus HuVideo Disc
The video freezes on the first frame. Pressing run skips to the still pictures (like it should).

Hucard Games:

1941: Counter Attack
The top of the game screen is cut off.

General Problems
After playing for a while the audio will start to "echo", repeating itself at a lower volume and sounding scratchy. Closing and restart ME doesn't help, I have to reboot to fix it. I'm not sure when is starts but once it does it effects all games (even HuCards).

Original CDs that seemed to work fine:

Art of Fighting
Beyond Shadowgate
Buster Bros.
BonkIII: Bonk's Big Adventure (SCD)
Fatal Fury 2
Fighting Street
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 1 (Game disc)
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 2
Implode
Lords of Thunder
Sailor Moon Collection
Sailor Moon (Digital Comic)
Sherlock Holmes Vol. 1
Sherlock Holmes Vol. 2
SimEarth
Splash Lake
Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly Paradise
World Heros 2
Ys book III
Ys book IV
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Edit: oh I remember a diff, in PR 2 I select a 60Hz refresh rate, in PR 1 I was letting Windows choose... could it be that?

Yes David, I have the strong feeling it must be that. I'm using RefreshForce along with PowerStrip, and my 640x480 screen mode is deliberately refreshed at 120 Hz. Could you revert it or make it an option?

Oh, and thanks for the frame_delay, works a treat Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: