MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Is it just me or are some games impossible?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew a kid who was about 7 or 8 years old and played NES games with the controller upside down! The cord came out of the pad towards him instead of away from him. He used the control pad with his right hand and the buttons with his left which inverted both axis. He actually played better that way than holding the controller normally!
tg_drifter
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rekrul wrote:
Quote:

I can't play arcade games any more since I'm not left handed and all the games now have the stick on the left. I also can't play action games with those left handed control pads that are standard on NES, Sega, TG16/PCE etc. People tell me I just have to get used to them and that it's actually better this way. I usually hand them a pen and ask them to try writing left handed. Strangely, nobody thinks learning to write with the 'wrong' hand is a good idea.

For arcade games that have the joystick on the left, a simple solution would be to just cross your hands one over the other. I used to do that all the time both in the arcades and at home with the TG-16 joystick controller. I just couldn't get used to using left joystics with my left hand either (and still can't). On the other hand, I don't have any problem with left-handed pads... I suppose this is because controlling a single thumb on a control pad is much easier (and more direct) than controlling the movement of the entire hand on a joystick.[/quote]
tg_drifter
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockman wrote:
Quote:
I knew a kid who was about 7 or 8 years old and played NES games with the controller upside down! The cord came out of the pad towards him instead of away from him. He used the control pad with his right hand and the buttons with his left which inverted both axis. He actually played better that way than holding the controller normally!

...Brings back memories when we used to do that during competitions to make a game more challenging. For example, in Bonk's Renvenge's bonus stages (especially the one with the glaciers where you had to bounce back and forth from one wall to another).
We also held tournaments using just our toes! A little tough when playing shoot'em ups that way, but in some platform games we actually became pretty good!
Ozzy_98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of players in arcades will play cross-handed. Normally to show off and to bash the other player...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: