MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Cheat System

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Voodoo Child
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Cheat System Reply with quote

What no Cheat system on Magic Engine ?

Could this be why Magic engine is so stable and free from so many bug reports made by a cheat system crashing an Emu all the time and the time it takes to implement one and maintain it means less time spent on the real task - The Emulation of the game system.

Magic Engine kicks ass (expect reg as soon as I get my cred under limit - lol)

I've started making Trainers for Magic Engine and I'll be posting on my web page soon,so if anybody wants a Trainer for a particular game let me know.

Keep up the Excellent work guys
Fancia
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another reason might be that, to my knowledge, no one ever made a cheating system for the PC-Engine, while other systems with cheating systems available, like the SNES and Genesis, did. ^.^
Voodoo Child
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo v199 win does but for some reason it crashes on my system - think it has something to do with my sound card because v208a shuts down on sound init and yet Magic Engine runs without any problems Very Happy
ethylene

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat system causing instability? Yeah, I can see that. It wouldn't be the emulator becoming unstable, though, but rather the natural result of poking some offhand value into a memory address. Right?

Isn't that how these cheat systems work? You keep an eye on different memory addresses, looking for a decrement when you lose a life, sustain damage, etc..., and then poke a different value into that address? That could cause all kinds of weirdness if you chose the wrong address.
sonofx51
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you be able to make a trainer for cd games as well? I wouldn't mind saving some time by not having to level up my characters for so long in the rpg's.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: But... Reply with quote

But, aren't leveling up your chars part of the fun in rpg's Confused
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a cheat system that would allow me to finish games before even getting my hands on them. How cool is that?
sonofx51
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think leveling up is a fun part of RPG's, but with school and work i don't have the 5 hrs a day to level up my characters I used to have. I don't want to go from level 1 to level 99 in one battle, more like jumping about 5 levels everyonce in awhile to help with some enemies. If I go through the game like a mini god then it's no fun. Very Happy
Voodoo Child
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:39 am    Post subject: RPG's the best Reply with quote

I can remember spending 6 months leveling up chars in Barstale's Tale on the Amiga 500 - Ahhh those were the days - I'll see what I can do for you - testing some cd roms on Magic Engine now - If only could get sound to work - get cd audio from cd roms headset jack and in game sfx etc from main speakers - lol
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RPG's the best Reply with quote

Voodoo Child wrote:

If only could get sound to work - get cd audio from cd roms headset jack and in game sfx etc from main speakers - lol

Connect the CD headphone jack to one of the input lines of your sound card. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: