MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

USB controllers on ME 1 PR7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: USB controllers on ME 1 PR7 Reply with quote

David. Not to complain or anything, since you must have your share of headaches already.

The issue when a direction remains pressed on D-pad for a second even after you are pressing another direction is still happening. Don't know about non-USB controllers. But for shooters, this is fatal. I had my derriere just handed back to me by Darius, a game I can easily clear on my Duo. I try to dodge a bullet, and my D pad refuses to move downwards, until I press forward again, and then press down. I don't know what to call this, controller lag, or more like "deafness".

I am 100% sure this didn't happen with version 99.

(And no, getting a gameport controller is not an option. Nor my mom's laptop or my new desktop have that option. Sadly, manufacturers are cutting gameports on new boards)

Thanks David. I know you can fix it. Pray
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect timing!!

I fixed this problem like one hour ago. Dancing

Yeah, all those gamepads problem gave me a few headaches, it's like a curse, every (big) new version of ME has gamepad problems. Razz But I'm happy of the current driver code, I will engrave it in stone and never touch it again from now on. Pray
MagicAlec
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem as well as a problem with my playstation pads connecting by USB to my pc. When I switch to digital imput (rather than using the anologue controller) and press left or right it shows a button press as well as axis recognition.

The system thinks I am pressing a fire button when I use the directional pad - when I switch to anolgue the problem goes away.

Another small point is vysync mode 2 - this works but when I exit out of magicengine and go back in the fps goto 30fps, only after switching it off and back on to vsync method 2 does the problem fix itself.
Apart from that a fantastic release -looking forward to the final release/
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
I fixed this problem like one hour ago. Dancing

I came. I saw. I cried.

MagicAlec wrote:
Another small point is vysync mode 2 - this works but when I exit out of magicengine and go back in the fps goto 30fps, only after switching it off and back on to vsync method 2 does the problem fix itself.

Are you using an LCD monitor? I've noticed this very same problem on a friend's PC; the display would crawl to a grinding halt when enabling vsync=2. At first I thought the peculiar LCD refresh rate was at fault, but disabling then re-enabling vsync from the GUI did actually work. Quitting ME and relauching it, the framerate would crawl again Neutral
MagicAlec
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope - bog-standard monitor.
75 refresh rate I think.
Not a big problem - but strange bug,
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Specineff !

I TOO am having this same issue with Darius. I just came here to see if anyone posted already and was astonished we both found this issue on this game.

Cool beans.

Dave you are doing a great job at this upkeep. Love the new version, and cannot wait to see the final!

Applause
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

MagicAlec wrote:
Nope - bog-standard monitor.
75 refresh rate I think.
Not a big problem - but strange bug,

I can't reproduce the problem here but I think I found what was wrong. When PR 8 will be out let me know if it's fixed.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammaniaclord wrote:
Wow Specineff !

I TOO am having this same issue with Darius. I just came here to see if anyone posted already and was astonished we both found this issue on this game.

Well, it's not only with this game, J-lord. Darius 2, R-Type, any game. It's just that since shooters require more precise and frequent adjustment of your direction, it's easier to find out than say, a turn-based RPG. But Dave said he's fixed it. Let's see how PR8 handles it.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I just redownloaded PR 7, and the issue is still there. It happens only with the down direction. If this has not been corrected in this version yet, that's probably why, of course.

It occurs whenever I need to go down after moving up. It doesn't happen with the left and right directions. Uh, wouldn't be better to have a control mapping feature just like the one in v 99? You know, where you can map pretty much any direction/button to any direction or button on the pad?

Sorry if I'm being a pain, and thanks.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specineff, you minsunderstood David. The fix is planned for PR8 Wink
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misunderstood all right. Sowwy. d'oh!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specineff wrote:
Uh, wouldn't be better to have a control mapping feature just like the one in v 99? You know, where you can map pretty much any direction/button to any direction or button on the pad?

The problem was not in the gamepad code itself, it was in the PCE emulation, when the PCE was reading the gamepad state, stupid operators priority error, forgot some parenthesis in the code. Embarassed

Yes, the fix will be in PR 8. It should be out Monday if all goes well. At the moment I'm re-organizing the video driver to prepare it for DirectX and 16-bit support. Smile
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I love you, David. Razz
reddice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 bit support will that mean that full screen won't run in 32 bit color anymore. I run my desktop at 32 bit color.

I do also use vsync 2nd option and I have to deselet and select it to get full speed.

Direct X support will be great. I really don't like opengl because when I go to close full screen opengl programs they keep moving my open windows down.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddice wrote:
16 bit support will that mean that full screen won't run in 32 bit color anymore. I run my desktop at 32 bit color.

16-bit support will be optional, 32-bit is still the default. And I think I will add two options, one to select 16/32-bit for the screen and another one for the textures.

Quote:
I do also use vsync 2nd option and I have to deselet and select it to get full speed.

Should be fixed in PR 8. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: