MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Strider for SuperGfx?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Strider for SuperGfx? Reply with quote

I was wondering if the rom for the SuperGfx version of Strider was ever released? I remember reading about this version in EGM as a kid, but it never got finished because the project lead "offed" himself or something.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider for SGX is an urban legend. NEC Avenue was indeed considering a port, but nothing much was ever done and everything was (badly) remade from scratch for the ACD version. The screenshots available in Japanese mags were actually taken from the arcade version; I guess that info was lost in the English translation Wink
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k, thanks for the insight. Smile
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one of the rumors was that they made the first 3 levels, but never finished, but supposedly put it on cd, so that if you're one of the lucky ones like me, who actually have a SGX with a CD unit, you could play those 3 levels, but I always took it as an incredible rumor, & nothing more.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The screenshots available in Japanese mags were actually taken from the arcade version;

Old thread, but recent events have revealed that the screen shots are neither the arcade or x68000 version, but probably mock ups or early alpha.

Paranoia, I didn't know you had a SGX+ SCD2 combo? Cool.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got a really good deal on it several years ago on ebay, along with a grip of games, that I already mostly had, but they were valuable games, like Spriggan & Winds of Thunder, so I ended up selling my extra's & just really got a killer deal on the thing. I actually have 2 SGX's, I think I the first one I got was the one without the cd unit, which I also got an incredible deal on, & then ended up finding the one with the cd unit, so, I went for that one as well. What I'd really like to get is a PCE-LT, that's my next dream(owning a SGX was my past dream), but those are even rarer, & even more expensive. Anyways, the SGX will be good for testing out new games on real hardware, if we ever do any SGX games someday, which would be cool, but I'm just fine with doing games for the standard PCE Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: