MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Magic Engine 9.9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evildrak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Magic Engine 9.9 Reply with quote

I have registered Magic Engine some time ago (0.9.8 to be specific)...don't tell me I have to BUY another copy for version 0.9.9
Any help please to upgrade my REGISTERED 0.9.8 to the latest?
P.S. Overwriting the old exe fucked it up
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Engine 9.9 Reply with quote

You don't have to buy another copy, upgrades are and will always be free. Smile

Overwriting the old exe should have worked though... do you still have the original pce.key file I e-mailed you? If yes try with this one. If it still doesn't work contact me by e-mail 'info@magicengine.com'...
Evildrak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: I'm sorry I was a bit harsh David... Reply with quote

Its just that it's such a damn good emulator...I can email you my pce.key if you like....any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks again for an excellent TG16 emu...I did back up the old one, so I should be fine for now running the old 0.9.8

Thanks in advance Dave
Sal

Last edited by Evildrak on Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:56 pm    Post subject: Sniff sniff...... Reply with quote

Hummmmm.......

Quote:
do you still have the original pce.key file I e-mailed you?

You remember getting a file by email when you paid for Magic engine right? You did a backup of it like I did right?

In any case, email David with your credit card info so he can verify your sayings...

If I were David I'd NEVER send a key file to someone asking for it WITHOUT him giving me proof of his purchase Wink ...

Makes sense right?
Evildrak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Yes, I have my original pce.key, and I can email it to David Reply with quote

However, I don't have my original credit card info I used, I bought the emu over 2 years ago o_0
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, then im sure your email should be enough. just email David and he should be able to check as im sure he keeps a record of some sort.

And keep your key file on at least a diskette or better, a cd. For me, the key file was an investment so I backed it up (but then again, I think I back up too much Wink ).
sonofx51
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just download the newest version and keep it in a separate folder then just copy and paste you pce.key to this folder and it should work just fine. If you have to, copy all your save files as well to the new folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: