MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

YS I and II missing some sound effect!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwk_chan
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: YS I and II missing some sound effect! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a problem when I playing YS I and II. Some sound effect are missing. Say, when I talk to somebody or fighting with others, there should be some sound effect. However the background music is okay.

So I just wonder can anybody tell me how to config the magic engine.

Wilfred
RockStar1000
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im Having the same problem, and that the Y's 1 and 2 locks up,right before I go to The D. Tower...
And I dont have a clue what to do thanks.
D
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a System Card ROM to play Ys? Most missing sound problems can be fixed by using this ROM.
uscguy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using syscard2 as well, and particularly, the sound fails to play in the following:

1. Feena (I think) talking in the Shrine
2. Lair in the annex of Darm Tower
3. Dark Fact in Darm Tower
4. Dalles (?) and The End Guy (forgot his name) between Book I and Book II

Interestingly enough, the scenes with Luta Gemma and the Thieves all play correctly. Any thoughts? Answers?

\p
uscguy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the log file, it seems that with syscard2, ME is reading the wrong track, e.g. track 4 instead of track 30 for the case of Lair in Darm Tower. When Magic System 3.0 is used, the track is read correctly, however there is no normal sound. I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it too. Beyond this, on the rare occasions when syscard2 reads the right tracks, the video and the music are alternately choppy. If I eject the CD, the video resumes normal speed, and there is just no sound (of course). I don't know the internals of ME, so I won't wager any guesses as to why these bugs occur. I'll just report them for the record Smile

\p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: