MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Programming Help Wanted - The Legend of Zelda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GravisZro
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Programming Help Wanted - The Legend of Zelda Reply with quote

Well, this is a general request to those interested in helping me program The Legend of Zelda for the PCE. The good news is that you wouldn't be starting from scratch and it's not written in ASM. Instead, I've been working on it for over 2 years and it's quite advanced. Also I use HuC, so it's written in C. I've got most of the core of the game working, but I need somebody who is talented at writting small fast AIs for the enemies. The tough part is making them to act like the enemies from the original NES game.

So what is the upside to the rewrite of this game? The big feature is support for 48 maps total and dynamic mapping. By "dynamic mapping", I mean that you can have different events trigger the map to switch. An example is that when you complete a level, you could have it change the overworld map to be completely different and you could be on a different position. Basically it means you can jump from any one of the 48 maps to any other one at any position. Interested yet? Very Happy

Here are a few things I could use:
- new music (CD)
- AIs
- new maps
- new graphics
- new storyline

ok... if you want to help, email me for details: gravis@sysnet.net

laters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: