MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Langrisser Scenario 2 (Big Bug, Please HELP!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raligard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Langrisser Scenario 2 (Big Bug, Please HELP!) Reply with quote

I love Langrisser, one of the best stratagy sims I have ever played! I wish I could read it too, I am sure it would be 10 times better!

I have however encountered a serious bug in this game. Crying or Very sad

I played all the way through act one with only the annoying but acceptable repeated death dry errors, no biggie, I can live with that. But when I finished Scenario 1 and saved, it reset the CPU to the system card 3.0 start up screen. I tried skipping the cinematic, it reset, I tried letting the cinematics go all the way through, it crashed when they were done. Crying or Very sad

Anyone know how to bypass this glitch? Please help me. If there is no fix then I am praying it will work in the next release of Magic Engine. Rolling Eyes I am still a firm believer that my registration for this program was money well spent and I enjoy it to no end. Cool

Thank you for reading.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for David to fix a certain game he must first possess the game in question...

But if David has Langrisser then have no fear, he will find a way to fix it. He can't, of course, give you a precise date though Wink ...

And, for my part, ill wait for the new core wich should fix a lot, if not all, of the bugs we have now... heck, maybe even the ones we did'nt spot yet!

Im xing my fingers & holding my breath Cool ...
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Langrisser Scenario 2 (Big Bug, Please HELP!) Reply with quote

When there's a reset to the System Card startup screen usualy it's because MagicEngine encountered a CD read/play error, delete the log.txt file, try again and check at the end of the new log.txt to see if there was an error, if there's no error then it's a bug in the emulator. ^^;
Raligard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Okay, I looked into the bad sector theory... Reply with quote

read sector 15353...
- error, could not read sector! (15364)
...15364 (12)

I don't understand this though. The CD is perfect, no blemishes, no scratches, no dirt, nothing! It is like new.

Any other recommendations as to how I might play this fantastic game?

Thank you again all.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which system? Which ASPI layer (if any)?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Okay, I looked into the bad sector theory... Reply with quote

Raligard wrote:
read sector 15353...
- error, could not read sector! (15364)
...15364 (12)

I don't understand this though. The CD is perfect, no blemishes, no scratches, no dirt, nothing! It is like new.

This is not necessarily a problem with the CD itself, it could be a bug in MagicEngine that makes it to try to read data in an audio track for example. Do you have a save state you could e-mail me to check the problem?

Also did you try with both Magic System and the System Card?
Raligard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This is not necessarily a problem with the CD itself, it could be a bug in MagicEngine that makes it to try to read data in an audio track for example. Do you have a save state you could e-mail me to check the problem?

Also did you try with both Magic System and the System Card?

I tried it with both the System Card 3.0 and the Magic Engine 3.0. The Magic Engine gave me disk errors even sooner. I can send you the save states and save rom. Thanks for looking into this David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: