MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

The Shape Shifter unknown (and exclusive) cheat...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: The Shape Shifter unknown (and exclusive) cheat... Reply with quote

A few years ago while playing Shape Shifter I've found the usefull unlimited lives / unlimited gems trick. Being an EGM reader at the time with no internet, I wondered why EGM never published this trick (of course I never wrote to them also Razz ). Is it that no one found it yet? doubtfull... But since its not on the internet ill share it with you in case you don't know it.

Here goes :

Start the game, go see the chancellor. While he is speaking to you rotate your pad clockwise a few times. If done correctly your gems should read 9999 when you exit and youll have infinite lives Very Happy .

Interesting info : on a real PCE the border changed green when the trick worked while under ME I cant see any green on the 'slight' border I see... Why is that david? just curious Wink .
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll give it a try. Hopefully I'll be able to finish that game at long last!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine, Ive finished it without the cheat once before finding it by accident Wink ... Hard game but definitely worth it... From what I recall the ending is pretty decent...

Humm, memories are comming back to me, I may play it again, it is that good Smile .
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Jackie Chan today at dawn... for the very first time in years!

Nostalgia bears a sweet taste again Surprised

http://namida.com/kaminarimon/tmp/jackiechan.png
ethylene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Cadash, you can enter these two codes for your name:

TORU
AGAG

I've seen the TORU code on the Turbo List, but not the AGAG.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm... Maybe we should ask David for a Tips & Tricks forum Wink . Maybe even find a way to distribute some save states...

Anyone with me?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, such a forum in the PC-Engine section seems to me a good idea. (Not that the General forum is overcrowded, but it could be handy for the future Smile )
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:00 am    Post subject: i agree with jabberwok!!! Reply with quote

i'm new here,and i read this post from jabberwok,and i too never saw this code in egm,and wondered why it never was!!!!!i was playing this game til my fingers bled,and getting pretty pissed,because it is hard,when i shut it off and would return to try again one day.well not too very far off from the last time i set the controller down,i was at the last bosses,and realized that i was invincible( is this the trick you are talking about?or part of the trick?),when the bosses bullets were flying through me.i shit,and prayed that if it was a glitch,that it didn't correct itself because i knew i was never gonna get that lucky again!!!it didn't,and i beeat the game,and saw a pretty good ending.i remember it having a really neat original song from a band i don't know who it was,a rock song,and it showed neat digitized pictures of the programmers while the credits rolled to the cool rock song.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Hummm..... Reply with quote

No, the one I found gives infinite lives/gems only. But yours might be interesting... do you remember what you did? or, could you do it again? were you invincible when facing the bosses only?
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: shapeshifter invincibility Reply with quote

i can't remember what the heck i did..............but i think i did it either during a cinema,or during load times.............i don't know like i said it might have been a glitch........but yes i was only invincible during the bosses at the end,all 3 of those hard suckers!!!it was back in 92,or 93,so i can't remember how i did it,even my ex friend who was there asked me how to do it when i didi it,and i couldn't honestly answer him because i wasn't sure but please believe me ................it happened.too bad we couldn't get ahold of the guys who programmed the game.i can't remember who made it.wasn't it the same people who made the sherlock holmes games?it began with an"i".i also rememb er sweating during those bosses because i didn't want the system to catch on to what happened if it was a glitch,and reset the code/glitch back to normal so i could recieve damage.but it didn't and i beat it.i'll never go back to that game............it was too damn hard,and the controls were not that great........but the game was not impossible until the second to last,and the last of the three bosses.that was just plain insane!later bud!
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm... sounds more like a lucky glitch Confused to me.

The ones who made this masterpiece are Icom Simulations, creators of some other great PC games like Deja vu, Uninvited, Shadowgate, Sherlock holmes 1 & 2, Dracula unleashed & probably many others I can`t remember. The company is dead now, too bad as they made some great games for both PC & consoles Crying or Very sad .

We have ther games to remember them though...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: