MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Parasol Stars EPROM board found
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccovell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Parasol Stars EPROM board found Reply with quote

Hi, folks, I recently got ahold of an EPROM board from an auction. It has the Japanese version of Parasol Stars on it!

I dumped the EPROMs, and unfortunately, it's identical to the released version. Still, it's cool to have a piece of PCE history.

Thibaut
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice !!!
cdoty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big are the eproms?
Thibaut
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 512kbits
ccovell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the EPROMs are pretty small. 512kbits/64kbytes. 64k * 6 = 384KBytes, the size of the Parasol Stars ROM.

Oddly enough, when I dumped the EPROMs, the data in the EPROMs goes from lowest->highest address like this: PCE connector-1-2-3-4-6-5.

The last 2 EPROMs are in opposite order for some reason. I guess that's how they constructed the 3M EPROM board, but it's weird.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if you could just get ahold of that Peter Pack Rat game(I think that was the name), then I'd be super stoked...even though I actually don't like the game all that much, assuming they kept it the same from the arcade version. It seems like there was a Tengen puzzle game that is out there as well, Off the Wall or something?
stevek666
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly suspect that there is at least one TV Sports: Baseball EPROM out there somewhere ... and a very playable version of the game, to boot!

Ahhhh, if only it was unearthed !!!! Smile
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is, there 100% has to be one, since at one time, it was considered close to finished, so that it got reviewed Turbo Play! Another one, that should have an Eprom is The Riftwar Saga, I really want to see that one come out of hiding. It's supposed to be a 2 player hack n' slash, kind of like Golden Axe, from what I can tell from the few pics I have of it. I'd really like to get ahold of whoever did the game(something like Kid's Creations?) & finish, kind of like what Carl Forhan of Songbird does with Jaguar & Lynx games, but, who knows if we'll ever find someone that has the game, only time will tell.

And I know there's plenty of other games, some by Icom, that never got finished, but were pretty far along. Someday, I hope, we can find these games, that includes Dangerous Dimensions(Journey).
Keranu
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of The Riftwar Saga, but that sounds pretty sweet!
Thibaut
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend from Tengen said me TV Sport Baseball had a lot of bugs, and never come out...
I never heard about The Riftwar Saga, do you have pictures please ? What is the developper ? Is a proto HuCARD or CD ?
Same question for Dangerous Dimensions.
There are about 100 games annonced and cancelled, a lot with pictures. Find those games is very very difficult now...
Thanks
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 or 3 pics of Riftwar Saga from an old EGM, in one of those special Turbo Grafx sections, that's like a huge advertisment. And I believe the company was Kid's Creations, or something like that. Dangerous Dimensions(or Journey, which I think was the newer name) actually has more press. I think it was being done by some D & D guy, & you have 4 char's that are trapped in a dungeon at the begining, & you have to figure out a way to get them out, & meet up with eachother, kind of like Wild Arms I guess you could say. I have 1 picture of it, & from discussing it with some others on these boards, it's probably a mock up, & not a real pic of the game.

I can't remember, I think it's either Steve666 or Sideshow on these boards, that has a website, with those pics that I'm talking about. I have a scanner, but, I haven't used it in years, & since I just moved, I'm actually looking around my room right now, & I'm not real sure where it is, though I think I know where the magazine is. Either way though, I know atleast there's the pic of Dangerous Dimensions online somewhere, in kind of an archive of magazines. So you know, I was privy to some info here & there, since I was friends(at the time, but not anymore) with the last secretary that TTI had, Eun Lopez. And also, my buddy Bill Huff(who's no longer in the area), his dad(William Arthur Huff) did the graphics for Ghost Manor, & was actually the main character in that game, as Arthur! Frankly though, they ripped on the Turbo quite a bit, though, I was able to impress Bill with Air Zonk, it surprised him a bit to say the least Very Happy
Thibaut
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for yours infos.
If you can find some pictures it will be nice.
Could you yours friends (Lopez,...) if they know where we could find some old prototypes PC Engine.
Thanks
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't talked to Eun Lopez in somewhere over 12 years. There were rumors of her cheating on her husband, & I remember calling her once at her home number, & her husband answered the phone, & I asked for Eun, & he was acting all wierd, wondering who I was, & when I talked to her later, she had gotten into an argument about me, & she was kind of ticked off at me after that. I think I was still friends with her after that, but, eventually, she up & disapeared, so, I don't have any way to contact her Crying or Very sad
torgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a real tough time trying to contact any of my old friends as well. It's been tough trying to track a lot of them down.
Thibaut
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much ! We must try all way to find some prototypes !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: