MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Cheat Codes for Ys IV: Dawn of Ys? Stuck on Ice Boss

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggles
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Cheat Codes for Ys IV: Dawn of Ys? Stuck on Ice Boss Reply with quote

That ice boss is pretty cheap. Can't beat him at level 22. Just wondering if there is a code to either level up or become invincible to beat him. I would turn it off right after the boss and play again normally.
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, nope, gotta just keep at it! No cheat codes.

But if you're using an emulator, you can hack the save state file and max out your gold/EXP. I did make scripts for this in fact to help with the localization project allowing me to quickly advance in the game to test translated text.

http://www.ysutopia.net/projects/ys4/#downloads

http://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/YsIVhack.zip

Quote:
Eh, your choice to try using this/if you want it or not. It's a Perl script, so you need Windows Perl runtimes installed. It'll hack a MagicEngine or YAME save state file so when you load it next time, you'll have full EXP, Gold and all weapons/items. If using MagicEngine, save state compression needs to be turned off and you need to figure out which save state file to use which will be named by the CRC32 of the data track. The last modified date can help you figure that out.

You'll wanna edit the script to just max out the EXP because the all-item hack will mess up events, you'll have items you're suppose to get later, that sort of thing.

The fastest way for you without learning how to work with Perl runtimes is to just open my script, find the offset where the EXP is stored from looking at it, and increase the value, then save, reload the game with the state file.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Cheats All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: