MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (minor)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethylene

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (minor) Reply with quote

For example, when you open a treasure box. On an NEC console, the music track softly fades out as the PCM melody starts. In MagicEngine, the CD audio sharply drops out as the PCM melody starts.

No big deal Wink
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (mino Reply with quote

ethylene wrote:
For example, when you open a treasure box. On an NEC console, the music track softly fades out as the PCM melody starts. In MagicEngine, the CD audio sharply drops out as the PCM melody starts.

No big deal Wink

Ummm... I seem to recall that MagicEngine was fine in this regard.

On the other hand, MagicEngine when used in conjunction with Daemon Tools is not OK. This is most obvious on fadeouts and times when the CD should be muted.

I'm not certain what technique is being used for adjusting the playback volume of the CD audio tracks from within MagicEngine - Does ME adjust the mixer volume ? Does it send a command to the device to set unit volume ?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (mino Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

David Shadoff wrote:
On the other hand, MagicEngine when used in conjunction with Daemon Tools is not OK. This is most obvious on fadeouts and times when the CD should be muted.

This also happens to me... with my regular CD-ROM drive Razz

PSG tunes and CD audio tracks overlap in many games (Manjimaru, Emerald Dragon...)
ethylene

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (mino Reply with quote

David Shadoff wrote:
Ummm... I seem to recall that MagicEngine was fine in this regard.

It's much improved. It used to continue to play the CD music over the PSG in the scenario I mentioned.

Daemon Tools? What arr you saying? Wink
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Ys Book I&II (US) - CD audio cuts, should fade (mino Reply with quote

David Shadoff wrote:

I'm not certain what technique is being used for adjusting the playback volume of the CD audio tracks from within MagicEngine - Does ME adjust the mixer volume ? Does it send a command to the device to set unit volume ?

ME adjust the mixer volume, but this doesn't always affect the audio playback volume, there are quite a few problems with that, fading doesn't always work, even mute doesn't work sometimes. The old DOS version of ME was sending a command directly to the device, this worked quite nicely, may be I should re-implement that.
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the old DOS version of ME, is there a way that I could get this? I never tried it unfortunately (back then both my Turbografx 16 and TurboDuo were working fine Wink ).

Just wondering...
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old ME web site is always up. Smile

-> http://joyce.eng.yale.edu/~bt/turbo/emu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: