MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Emerald Dragon Translation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles MacDonald

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Emerald Dragon Translation Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks to the ADPCM tools that I wrote, and the work of an intrepid Japanese hacker, I have extracted all of the ADPCM audio clips, and can reinsert new ones.

Are these tools available anywhere? Being able to encode samples into the ADPCM format would be particularly useful.

Do they support the same variable range of sample rates the PCE hardware supports, or just a fixed one like the MSM5205 is normally configured to have?
turbofan1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont want to seem impatient I no these things take a while.Has there been anymore news on the translation of Emerald Dragon?
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: ADPCM Reply with quote

Hmm... I thought the ADPCM get and put tools were available on Zeograd's site, but I just looked and I can't find them. I'll think of some way to get them out.

..And no news lately on the Emerald Dragon front... thus, no posts in this thread.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightwolve has them on his site - http://nick.serveblog.net/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=5
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, how is this project coming along? Also, does it have a webpage? Thanks a lot.
SamIAm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke4711 wrote:
Just wondering, how is this project coming along? Also, does it have a webpage? Thanks a lot.

I can't say much about the hacking end of things, but I'm still chipping away at the script and making real progress. We don't have a web-page, and if it's left up to my html skills, we may never have one. But rest assured, the project is still quite alive.
M1Savage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good to hear! Best of luck.
SamIAm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, so for people who really want to know exactly what's going on in the project, here's what it looks like, and has looked like, from my perspective:

We started the Emerald Dragon translation project sometime in April of last year. David extracted the main dialog scripts shortly after that time, but they existed in the form of hundreds of individual documents with lots of repeating text that was quite unpleasant to work with. It wasn't until late July that we got an organized and fairly trimmed version of the script that was contained in a nice single unit. This new script was made compatible with a custom program called TransStation, and with it I've been working on the script periodically over the last 6 months.

I must admit that I haven't been attacking Emerald Dragon's script with quite the fierceness that I imagined when I conceived of doing the project. However, I have been picking up the pace a lot lately thanks to winter vacation, and things are looking good. Right now, TransStation lists the script at 58.5% complete. To be fair, however, a lot of that progress comes from synching duplicate lines that still exist in the script, so the percentage of real work completed is actually significantly less.

Of most significance to you all, though, is that I recently encountered the section of the script from the early part of the game. I've done enough that David can now begin working on a script-reinsertion method with relative ease. Although it sounds like he will be very busy with work until the end of the month, it also sounds like he's interested in putting some serious work into Emerald Dragon this February. Don't quote me on this, but we may be able to provide a screenshot or two of genuine translated material displaying in the genuine game in the next month or so.

And with that, I think I'll put in another hour on the script before bed tonight!
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome! Thanks a lot for the update. I am patiently awaiting this one!
shubibiman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamIAm>have you had any trouble with transstation? I'm using it for the Dead of the Brain tranlslation and I often get the same error message and Dave has to debug it.
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SamIAm, if you see this, please get in touch with me.
Chis
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightcrawler posted an update for this over at his site:
http://transcorp.parodius.com/

It's almost done!
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a different system, and from what I understand, a substantially different game. And no CD sound...
turbofan1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I might add,that the Super Famicom version really pails in comparison with the Pc Engine scd version.Anyways that my useless post for the month.
Chis
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah drat. There go my hopes. I'm aware that Wozz and Dual Orb are SNES games, but I Nightcrawler doesn't actually say on some (most) of the pages what systems these games are for. Certainly not with Emerald Dragon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: