MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

How to play an iso with wavs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the copyright owner wanted to make money from these games why have they let them stay out of print for over ten years?

If a copyright holder feels the need or otherwise, not to make available their intellectual property, then that's their right - according to copyright laws.

Yes, the copyright laws really need to be brought up to date.- and not in favor of corporations.

Do I feel remorse for having copies of PCE games on my computer that I do not own the originals of? Ofcourse not. Not in the least. I could and do buy PCE/SCD games, but these are used and from sites like play-asia, ebay, and japangamestock.

The publishers don't receive any money from this and the manufactures in return don't receive their royalties. So either way, the publishers and manufactures aren't losing anything... or should start taxing used game sales for royalty fees?

I guess most users on here don't use the magicengine to play roms or maybe they do, but they own all the originals to their roms Shocked Laughing Razz
TurboSage
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: heheheheehheheheh Reply with quote

Quote:
...just pop your legitimate copy of the game into your CDROM and play it. Simple!

Instead just pop your Legitimate copy into your Legitimate Turbo Super CD System! Simple!

TurboSage
metalmight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: heheheheehheheheh Reply with quote

TurboSage wrote:
Quote:
...just pop your legitimate copy of the game into your CDROM and play it. Simple!

Instead just pop your Legitimate copy into your Legitimate Turbo Super CD System! Simple!

TurboSage
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was an emulation forum.Razz
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was an emulation forum.
It is. And ME is doing a pretty fine job at emulating the console. If it's pirated software you're after, you're unfortunately in the wrong forum...

Sorry.
metalmight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was an emulation forum.
It is.
Then why does TurboSage want me to use a "Legitimate" Turbo Super CD System instead of ME?
Jabberwok wrote:
If it's pirated software you're after, you're unfortunately in the wrong forum...
When did I say I was after pirated software?Eh? Did I make a request for such?? I had a technical question. Confused
Odonadon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodtveidt wrote:
metalmight wrote:
Care to tell me WHY??? Smile

Because copyright laws have this funny way of insisting that distributing these files is illegal, so such activity isn't encouraged. Very Happy

I just noticed this thread and thought I'd pipe in Smile Although Nod is correct that distributing these files is illegal, making a backup copy for you own use is not (at least in Canada). Since I reside in Canada, I can make as many backups of software as I want, so long as I don't give it, sell it, or charge anyone to see it/use it - basically so long as I use it for back-up purposes ONLY.

At anyrate, Metalmight there is an easy answer to your problem and it's called Turborip. Check it out. It will make iso/cue/mp3 or wav out of your game. Simply insert your legitamtely purchased game into your CD drive and start Turborip. Once you've done that, mount the folder Turborip created in Daemon tools and load up Magic Engine. You can check it out here: http://nick.serveblog.net/forums/index.php?topic=69.0

Let's leave it at that since this is a forum for the Magic Engine software, and not for morality issues regarding emulation.

OD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Odonadon. This post is going nowhere. This is my final reply in here & we should ALL do the same. If you head over to the F.A.Q. section metalmight & read the F.A.Q # 7 & 8 you will get the answers you seek. David DON'T have to justify himself. If you want to use pirated software use HUGO! or similar. If you DO own an original CD then why play a copy of it???

And one last thing : Why do kids who discover emulation think that games that are no longer in print are considered free? The intellectual property of those games still belong to someone *HINT* HINT*.

Just because that Picasso guy died & will never make pretty pictures again doesn't mean that his remaining work is free...

Please, no "but I didn't say blah blah blah". Stop acting like a shrink. Analyzing someone else's post like that is very annoying. The very essence of your original post metalmight was to play pirated software using software that condones it. Again, read the F.A.Q.
r0ni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a emulation pint of view, I donated every single tgcd game I own to one called "jamsponge" who wrote the win32 app HU6280. So he could test his EMULATION of my games. I donated those games to him under the understanding that he was to return them to me shortly after testing them. And by no means ever meant for him to keep them. It's been six years, not only did he steal my games and never send them back... oh good person, emulation author guy. But he never updated his program after I sent him my games, and now not by my own fault, I'm out of tgcd games to play.

Whether we want to play a real cd or a image of a cd, it's our own goddamn perogative to do so. And I don't give a shit what any emu author says, they are all dirty pirates, they just don't want to admit to it.

Fuck anyone who says they haven't or have never pirated anything, I attempted to help the cause and didn't even get my own belongings back for it. I payed my dues to this scene, and didn't even get my own fucking games back for it.

Don't help emu authors, they don't deserve it.

Let this man use pirated images with his ME, he's not stealing anyones physical property.
Tomaitheous
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and now not by my own fault

Clearly, you need to take responsibility for your own actions. If didn't lend all your games out in the first, then you would still have them regardless if they were a stranger, emu author, or internet chat buddy. Sure it sucks, but no one or the scene/community owes you for someone else keeping your games. You took a risk and received the short end of the stick, no need to wave the stick at us...
r0ni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yet there is no reason to wave the stick at someone who posts a message on a board asking a question.

Give him his answers and be done with it, your not hurting anyone.

Yet you people still wave this imaginary stick like you are some gods in control of all that is.

If you people know so much give me the address of the "jamsponge" so I can burn him alive.

I never stated anyone owes me anything. I don't care. I just dont believe that man should be treated with such ill-respect. I chose to use myself as an example.

You don't know whether he owns a legit copy or not of a game, your assuming. Assuming never gets anyone anywhere.

It's time to grow up, if your old enough to remember the TG16/PCE your at least around 30 years old. If by that age you can't just reason with people then there truly is no hope for you in society.
turbofan1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you donated games to some guy,to me that means you freely gave these games to him.If I would donate something to goodwill,I wouldnt be under the impression I would recieve it back after a while.
You should of known or probly already knew this guy was A sleazy ass shit.
To whine and cry about it six years later in here is pretty pointless.
Odonadon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, what's said is said and what's done is done. As I said before:

Quote:
Let's leave it at that since this is a forum for the Magic Engine software, and not for morality issues regarding emulation.

I hate to see these kind of threads develop into something ugly.

OD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: