MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Video questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richterbelmont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Video questions Reply with quote

Ok im getting dracula x tommorow maybe(i bought it off ebay) and i have questions on wich video settings do to the picture quality. Also If anyone plays drac x on the magic engine can you please tell me what settings the game looks best. Basically im just wondering what settings to set it on to make the game look like it was orginally suppose to look if i was playing it on a PC engine on a normal TV. Oh and i have a LCD monitor that can display resolutions 1280x1024 with 75hertz just telling ya.

ok so i im not quire what the following options do and if there better on or off
so what do these options do?

1.Volume meter

2. FPS Counter (Im guessing fps mean frame rate per second)

3. I have the zoom section set on full and x1 (is that the best settings when on full screen if not what is?)

4. Also I want it on full screen but without the crappy 640x480 resolution, so do I set screen mode on windowed with zoom settings on full with 1x , full with 2x, full with 3x, or full with 4x?

5. Will i be better of with v-sync or without?
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, all of your questions are a matter of personal taste. You will have to try them all and see what you like best...
richterbelmont

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so theres no personal settings that makes the game look how the game is orginaly suppose to look? or settings that displays the best quality? what settings do use? jabber what is fps counter and volume meter is it better on or off?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fps and volume meter are 'on screen display' information, put them off if you want to fully enjoy the game. For fullscreen without going 640x480 stay in windowed mode and select the 'full' option. If the image is too blocky enable 'filter' and if this one too blurry enable 'hires'. A little bit of scanlines ('bout 25%) will be nice too, although it doesn't work too well with the 'full' option on. vsync is better off.

But like said Jabberwork, it's best to play with the different options yourself to find what best matches your taste, you won't break or mess anything by playing with all the options. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: