MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Super rare PC-FX for sale on ebay.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbongles
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Super rare PC-FX for sale on ebay. Reply with quote

I'm selling my PC-FX on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170020977339&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
If your interested.
Only a few days left.
Could be your last chance to own this amazingly rare machine in such good condition.
ccovell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no "L@@K!!!"???
jammaniaclord
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize this system was becoming rare. More reason we need that awesome emulator, Magic-FX.

I am so out of touch with the NEC scene. God i miss my lazy, unemployed, non-family days of sitting in front of the PC for 16 hours a day collecting PCE images and roms, and winning Ebay auctions for NEC goods. Laughing my ass off with the likes of Azzman, Indrid Cold, Blood, Randimer, and Squaresoft on hubs, and on MSn Messenger was a total blast, and i cherish those memories dearly, and wish we could regain that fire, and momentum again.

It seems like there are alot of new NEC fans out there, and it blows me away to learn alot of these people were around when the system was in it's hey-day, but never knew it existed due to NEC's lack of market and ad-campaign in the states, and the others are people who were just taking their first breath after the doctor spanked their ass in the delivery room. Both newcomers are in for a treat. This system still amazes me no matter how old i get. I get sad when i think that the system could have had SO much more life in it had they pushed the arcade card format for a few more years, or came out with it sooner. Shit in one hand, and wish in the other, and see which fills up first, they say.

Wish i had the money and time to get this from ya bud! Very Happy Very Happy
mrbongles
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya.
Some of my fondest memories of growing up were the golden era of gaming.
Coming home from school and firing up the imported MD or PC-Engine and drooling at piccies of the Super Grafx and the Super Famicom (499 dollars 2 pads and mario world, at the time, oh how I wanted one) ahh those were the days. No REAL responsobilities then.
Tis funny, I bought this PC-FX 12 years ago because I have always loved NEC and PC-Engine and at the time I thought that I would never get rid of it.
But responsobilities (2 lovely daughters, moving house and a nagging wife) have pretty much forced me to sell. (Well the better half has actually, god how Japanese women nag Sad )
All I hope is that the winning bidder looks after it and preserves it well.
Can you believe it 170 visitors on ebay and only 1 bidder.
I wonder if people realize just how rare this is?
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd bid on it but right now all my cash is tied up in my new business. When we start seeing our books go from red to black, I'll likely invest in a PC-FX as one of my first orders of business. Very Happy
mrbongles
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anybody will bid from this site?
Very Happy
Only 48 hours people.
I rather this went to someone from here who has a respect for NEC consoles.
mrbongles
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last 3 hours if anyone is interested Very Happy
jcrouse
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jammaniaclord wrote:
I didn't realize this system was becoming rare. More reason we need that awesome emulator, Magic-FX.

I am so out of touch with the NEC scene. God i miss my lazy, unemployed, non-family days of sitting in front of the PC for 16 hours a day collecting PCE images and roms, and winning Ebay auctions for NEC goods. Laughing my ass off with the likes of Azzman, Indrid Cold, Blood, Randimer, and Squaresoft on hubs, and on MSn Messenger was a total blast, and i cherish those memories dearly, and wish we could regain that fire, and momentum again.

It seems like there are alot of new NEC fans out there, and it blows me away to learn alot of these people were around when the system was in it's hey-day, but never knew it existed due to NEC's lack of market and ad-campaign in the states, and the others are people who were just taking their first breath after the doctor spanked their ass in the delivery room. Both newcomers are in for a treat. This system still amazes me no matter how old i get. I get sad when i think that the system could have had SO much more life in it had they pushed the arcade card format for a few more years, or came out with it sooner. Shit in one hand, and wish in the other, and see which fills up first, they say.

Wish i had the money and time to get this from ya bud! Very Happy Very Happy

Everything on eBay is rare, at least by most of the descriptions.

John
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbongles wrote:
I wonder if people realize just how rare this is?

Maybe they're just aware that an FX is twice cheaper on YJ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: