MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

pc engine power supply went down. TRime for a backup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zengar
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: pc engine power supply went down. TRime for a backup Reply with quote

First of all greetings to this fine pce community, I'm a long time (1988) nec fan and I love pce and magic engine.
I recently got a used pce with cdrom, it was the dream of a life but the guy who gave it to me made a brutal error. He plugged the power supply into the european electricity, generating a massive blackout. Then he gave the console to me, thinking that it is beyond repair and useless.
Actually, I think that something can be made.
I really don't know anything about electricity and stuff (well, at least I use a step down to use my jap consoles in europe...) but as long as the power was turned off, maybe the only thing that was damaged is the power supply. The problem is, an original nec power supply is bloody hard to get here...What if I use a universal one? What about a common AC/DC 220 50Hz 9V 500mA supply such as this beauty ?

ah, sorry for the bad english....
AutobahnSHO
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: pc engine power supply went down. TRime for a backup Reply with quote

zengar wrote:
First of all greetings to this fine pce community, I'm a long time (1988) nec fan and I love pce and magic engine.
I recently got a used pce with cdrom, it was the dream of a life but the guy who gave it to me made a brutal error. He plugged the power supply into the european electricity, generating a massive blackout. Then he gave the console to me, thinking that it is beyond repair and useless.
Actually, I think that something can be made.
I really don't know anything about electricity and stuff (well, at least I use a step down to use my jap consoles in europe...) but as long as the power was turned off, maybe the only thing that was damaged is the power supply. The problem is, an original nec power supply is bloody hard to get here...What if I use a universal one? What about a common AC/DC 220 50Hz 9V 500mA supply such as this beauty?

ah, sorry for the bad english....

A universal supply should work okay IF you make sure it's the right voltage/amps/polarity.

Make sure the "-" and "+" match!
AutobahnSHO
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or try here

http://www.tzd.com/products.php

These are all NEW and REAL products, available in USA. They might ship to other countries...
Turbo D
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly, tzd is not doing foreign orders. Well, at least that is what I've heard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: