MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

David, why didn't Nintendo contact you!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolieranx
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: David, why didn't Nintendo contact you! Reply with quote

I've been playing a few of the PC-Engine games for Wii's Virtual Console, and man. It's not even close to the emulation quality of Magic Engine. For some reason, they decided to use this really blurry filter on all the graphics.

David, have you seen PC-Engine emulation on Wii? It's fast, but it's not nearly as good as the other systems that Wii emulates (for example, SNES is spot on). Does anyone know anything about the PC-Engine emulator in Wii? Was it developed internally by Hudson? Did Nintendo make it? Either way, they should've hired David, or licensed the guts of Magic Engine from him.

Very curious.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I didn't see the PCE emulation on Wiiiiii yet.
No idea who developed it but I would be tempted to say that it was internaly developed by Nintendo. I don't think Hudson ever made a PCE emulator.
KingHanco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother the roms and PCE emulation for Wii. I found the link and it will waste your time.

Just buy the Wii games.
Specineff
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay once for the emulator, or pay for every game that I download? Hmm.. though choice... If one could only play the Super CD games on the Wii.. but nooooo... Nuck Fintendo.
KingHanco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cd with all the roms with emulators on it I think.

dmichel

I will hate to see your emulator is put on a cd and then been sold with the roms or what ever. Even if it doesn't have a key with it. What are these people thinking? Maybe you should change the key format and have it check for a hack key or patch.
Insidious
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: David, why didn't Nintendo contact you! Reply with quote

coolieranx wrote:
I've been playing a few of the PC-Engine games for Wii's Virtual Console, and man. It's not even close to the emulation quality of Magic Engine. For some reason, they decided to use this really blurry filter on all the graphics.
Could it be that you are playing on Wii using composite cables? I'm running my Wii via 480P with Component and the PC-E games are bright and sharp, they look amazing on my TV. Now if Nintendo will just give us Neutopia I and II and Parasol Stars, I will be a happy man.
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parasol Stars might be a hard one, as Hudson, afaik, has no direct control over that IP (still controlled by Taito). The Neutopias would be great though, although something tells me that "old wounds" might prevent them from appearing...if you know what I mean...
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Wii, and I actually wasn't planning on getting one, but can anyone tell me how much it costs to download SNES and PCE games? Just curious.
2X4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's about 6 US$ a pop. Somebody on Hudson's forum mentioned that the turbo emu on Wii was crappy too. Not just blurry, but crappy controls too. Eh, I agree with Spec, ME is still a much better option. Maybe in the future. Maybe the "old wounds" thing has something to do with the difference in quality of the wii emus. That's doubtful I guess, but we know that in Japan, the PCE was the shit in Nintendo's oatmeal for a while.
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: I see... Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I feel much better knowing that the Wii's emulation stinks, having just bought my key file for Magic Engine... Cool
nodtveidt
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few games that don't play properly in Magic Engine though, so be warned of that. Any game that makes use of the "16 sprites per line maximum" hardware limitation will not look right in Magic Engine, but the lack of that makes certain other games look better (less flicker in quite a few games). I honestly wish Magic Engine would have an option to disable/enable that function like Mednafen does.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a planned feature for the next version, I believe.
AutobahnSHO
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Wii although I've had ME for a couple years now-

The games range from $5-10 apiece, so far all the TG16 games are $6, NES $5, and N64 are $10. (2000 Wii points cost $20..)

They're releasing more each week- but TG16 outnumbers each of the other systems' games!!! (for now)

I bought the "Wii Points card" just to download Bomberman 93 and the internet browser- I doubt I'll be getting that many more.

I'm on vacation and have only played B-Man on an OLD (big) widescreen tv and the graphics are very blurry, as well as cut off. (Even on Wii games). I can't wait to try it on my regular TV.

I really don't plan on buying many more old-school games for it, but I need to get 3 more controllers now to get 3 more players on B-Man!!

PS-
The Wii system is FANTASTIC and well worth the money. It's the only other system I've bought new since my TG16 long ago.

They DO have Neutopia 1&2- the total list is here-
http://wii.nintendo.com/virtualconsole.jsp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: