MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

OK, I found the problem:Wnaspi32.dll. (read in)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDeFranco1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:43 pm    Post subject: OK, I found the problem:Wnaspi32.dll. (read in) Reply with quote

Pce.exe ran fine after I deleted Wnaspi32.dll from windows\system32 in XP. This a major problem though, as I cannot run my TurboCD games like DraculaX without having Wnaspi32.dll in the windows\system32 directory!

This is a bug I believe,
Please advise,
SDeFranco
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT/2k/XP have no built-in ASPI support. Thus, how did you install your ASPI layer and which one did you install? Do you have any Adaptec device? Third-party Wnaspi32.dll may cause all sorts of incompatibility problems.

Secondly, being under XP, it's odd that your CD drive won't automatically run in SPTI mode, which ME does support. Did you configure it in your INI file?

;
; CD-ROM drive letter
; --
; (Windows 2000/XP only)
;
; D:
; E:
; ...
;

drive_letter=V:

(V: is my first CD-ROM drive.)

PS: next time, please carry on in your original thread instead of creating a new one. If people create a new topic each time they have something to add to existing threads, chances are the forum could become quite a mess.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: OK, I found the problem:Wnaspi32.dll. (read in) Reply with quote

Upgrade to the latest beta version (v99b5), this version fix the ASPI bug and it can even work without this DLL. Smile
SDeFranco1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Yes I saw that in the FAQ Reply with quote

I ended up just repurchasing the emu because I could not get the upgraded beta 5 to work with my registered .98 version, it kept going into demo mode Sad
I am not exactly happy about it, but hey, having the emu work flawlessly for over 2 years, it's a miniscule price to pay.
Thank you kindly gentlemen, and kudos as always on a practically flawless TG16 emu David Smile
Regards,
SDeFranco
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: