MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

The top games in need of translation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keranu wrote:
Legend of Xanadu 1 and 2 would be nice to see in English, though they're pretty playable in Japanese already (especially the second one). Necros no Yousai is a HuCard RPG I would love to see translated Smile .

Also any Tengai Makyou translations would be greatly appreciated Smile .

You stoll the word right out of my mouth! Well, Popful Mail, Sorcerian, & Brandish!! Actually, I don't think Sorcerian has any voice acting, & I can't recall if Brandish does, but probably it does. Sorcerian would be great though. Uh, Neo Metal Fantasy, Snatcher.
SchmuckofNI

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest creating a poll? That could be easier..
SamIAm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't mean to give the impression that I was asking for a forum-based decision on which game to work on next (whenever that is...). What I really wanted was just to know what games on these systems looked ripe for translation, both for my sake and for other translators'. A poll wouldn't really do for that. If some other translator can't make up his mind and wants to make a poll, then no problem. But I doubt you're going to see anybody do such a thing. These things take enough effort that you need to have at least a little bit of personal affection for a game, more so than would be possible just by acknowledging popular opinion.
Paranoia Dragon
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I say, you might want to look into Sorcerian, as it's a Falcom game, & I'm pretty sure there's no voice acting, just text. Though, ultimately I don't know how much text there really is, but it's hard to play the game, because of the japanese barrier, mainly due to requirements for your teams, sometimes you can only have 3 in a team, etc.
animefx
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack up updates on Cosmic Fantasy 4 chapter 1. I have a partial script dumped but its not reliable nor is it formatted properly at this point. The hardest part has been developing the tools, I'm not happy with Windows implementation of Unicode and support of eastern languages, it makes writing code for a custom text dumper/inserter that much more difficult. Progress has been slow at best, but I will continue working on it.
Arjak
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Ditto Reply with quote

I would like to see a translation of Legend of Heroes II! Espescially if I win this month's contest.
dlfrsilver
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

A great that would require to be translated, is snatcher from Konami.

I would be ultra happy if it happens one day !
Lowrider07
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: best translation that needs work also i need help Reply with quote

two games that need translations would be Dracula X no doubt that game is just brilliant also i think Blood Gear also make a cool translation is anyone getting weird sound problems when playing Bloody Gear on the latest ME also how do u add translations to games?
GHS
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magicoal needs a translation to be able to play other wise your stuck.
the game has speech but only in FMV, not necessary to play the game.
Vinnk
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many great games for the PC-FX that need translations. Recently I played the translated "Welcome to Pia Carrot!" it was excellent, but right now it is the only game to e translated for the entire system. I would love to see the following two games in English:

Team Innocent

and

Firewoman Monotagari

I would be willing to send a free copy of these games to anyone serious about doing a translation or either of them. I could even send a PC-FX system for you to test with.
sunteam_paul
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see City Hunter translated, being a big fan of the original manga.
Validus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i read somewhere before that Sinibad script was found or being extracted, but the link to it was dead.

There are many great RPGs for both PC engine and PCengine CD. Any of them would be great, again a poll might be a better idea, i personally would play any and all that are translated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: