MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Xak III: The Eternal Recurrence (100% in English!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: Xak III: The Eternal Recurrence (100% in English!) Reply with quote

*** Bah, since you made a forum for this, I'm gonna redo this post David, when I get the chance. This needs some work. **

So, I've been apart of firing off some interest in getting PCE titles translated over to English (rather than create crap new games - just kidding) that never made it over to the states.

My first project when I started this fan translation gig of mine was Xak III and a 100% English patch has been available here:

http://www.ysutopia.net/projects/xak3/
http://www.ysutopia.net/projects/xakiii/

The Patch: XakIII(US)v100.cab

There are instructions for patching an image on the site, as well as inside the ReadMe. You can avoid with the difficulties of burning a CD-R by just taking the PPF file (Xak3ISOB.ppf) inside the patch archive and placing it in the same folder as pce.exe. MagicEngine will then patch the game on the fly when you try to load your original CD-ROM. David added this ability in light of my patch's existence and the difficulty in getting images patched and burned back to a CD-R for playing.

Last edited by NightWolve on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:07 pm; edited 32 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ys
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... And do you know of any working patch for Ys 4???
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for a debugger from D. Michel or Zeograd to possibly analyze the decompression code used for strings..

My friend Aki & Neil C. (from Secret of Mana 3) might continue their work on it in November possibly... Other than that, it's a not gonna be easy, so don't expect much.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ys
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh... I'll kill for Ys4... Smile
My fave game... Hu, you might have guessed it... Very Happy
Thx for answering!!!
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick intro: Around Dec. of 2001 I discovered that Xak3 is by far the easiest game to hack & produce a translation for. Around March, Paul England came onboard the project & now we have a patch that's about half way done in terms of translation. The overall project is about 58.97% done..

Well, if anyone here has "Xak III-The Eternal Recurrence" for PC-Engine & would like quasi half of it to be english, give our teaser patch a try & provide some feedback if you can. You'll get upto Farland Castle, where the translation about runs out.. But, it's enough to beat the game & as i've beaten it a 3rd time & have to do it yet again for translation purposes. But remember, it's only a teaser patch, so....

Last edited by NightWolve on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:39 am; edited 3 times in total
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ys IV Translation Project lives!!! Check http://www.ysutopia.net/translations/ys4/ for details.

Last edited by NightWolve on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Ys
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightWolve wrote:
Ys 4 Translation Project lives!!! Check www.rigg.info for details.

That's for certain the best new for the last year... Very Happy
Thanks so much!!!
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PCE fans, I've finally released a fully playable BETA patch for Xak III - The Eternal Reccurence!!! Check it out @ XakIII(US)v100.cab ! This will be the first Action/RPG translation project for the PC-Engine!!

If anyone has it this fine RPG, give it a try... I'd like some feedback on it.

Last edited by NightWolve on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone has it this fine RPG
That's just it Nightwolve, if anyone Wink . A few years back when I was buying american & import PCE games at a local shop I usually stayed away from japanese rpg's for obvious reasons. I was only buying japanese rpg's that were dirt cheap ( no need to say my rpg collection is slim Wink ). If someone has a way to distribute Xak 3 then.....

I should go check out RIGG more closely btw, maybe I will find it there? who knows?

In any case, keep up the good work!
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jabberwok wrote:
Quote:
If anyone has it this fine RPG
That's just it Nightwolve, if anyone Wink . A few years back when I was buying american & import PCE games at a local shop I usually stayed away from japanese rpg's for obvious reasons. I was only buying japanese rpg's that were dirt cheap ( no need to say my rpg collection is slim Wink ). If someone has a way to distribute Xak 3 then.....

I should go check out RIGG more closely btw, maybe I will find it there? who knows?

In any case, keep up the good work!

Ah, glad you asked.. It's now available on 7 of RIGG's FTP servers for leeching.. It features auto unrar & patching, so it couldn't be simpler. But know that the patch is still beta, however you can keep applying updates over the original image. So there you have it, 9 months worth of work Razz.
Azazel
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally got around to playing it. It's looks pretty good except for a few things. One of the dialogue in the first town is worded backwards. most of the bookcases in the library when it asked you to read them or not the yes or no are lined up wrong. I think all of them are screwed up like that except for maybe one of them. There also are 1 or 2 other yes or no choices that are lined up wrong later in the game. About 3/4 into the game their are about 3 lines of text that just show up as blank on the screen. There also are soem parts towards the end where a few words aren't spaced apart. Other than that I think you did a pretty good job and hopefully this project will entice other people or group to take up PC Engine cd translation projects.
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, a saved state would've been useful... But thx, i'll look into when i get the final script.
Azazel
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I played it on a real system so save states are kind of hard for me to do. Besides I could never get Magic Engine save states to work. I woudl be able to use te save states but the next time I try to load up the save states they woudn't work. I tried different versions and I've had problems with it. Since I have a real system it's not a big deal to me. If you want I could probably pull screenshots of some of the minor errors I saw in it if you like?
NightWolve
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Final Version. Reply with quote

Hey all, the final patch for Xak III is now available (short of any unforseen discovery). I got sidetracked with other projects and so I dragged my feet on this one a bit. But, anyhow, it's as good as I can make it. Enjoy. Links with the first post are updated.
mc4798
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: RIGGS ? Reply with quote

What is RIGGS ? Clueless Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Translation Projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: