MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

PR10 / Vista / Intel 945GM Mac mini - Crash on exit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djrobx
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: PR10 / Vista / Intel 945GM Mac mini - Crash on exit Reply with quote

This happens with both PR8 and PR10. The emulator starts and works fine, can play a game just great. When I exit, the emulator crashes. If I switch PR10 to OpenGL mode it no longer crashes but OpenGL mode does not work properly (super slow framerate if vsync is on).

I also got the similar slow framerates in PR8. I think Vsync is broken with this particular driver. I have to configure emulators for double/triple buffering or else they run slow. Aside from vsync problems all my other emulators run fine on this system.

I set up a batch file to kill werfault.exe upon exit so it's not a big deal, but if you're interested in debug info let me know.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vsync will be slow if your display's refresh rate doesn't match your game's frame rate (usually 30 or 60 fps for NTSC systems).
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is kind of an old post, but I have a comment and a question..

First off, your problem is stemming from the fact that the 945 chipset in the Mac Mini (and MacBooks) is really the bare minimum needed for Vista. Performance is going to be terrible with it and certain graphics types are not really supported. (ever wonder why the cost of a Mini/MacBook is so low compared to the cost of an iMac/MacBook Pro? Part of the reason is the video chipset used.)

That said, why are you not using the OS X native version of Magic Engine that was released over 4 months ago? You will get much better performance that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: