MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Problem running cd games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chococat
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Problem running cd games Reply with quote

I have the current version of Magic Engine, and I'm trying to run Dragon Slayer and Devil Hunter Yohko, with no success. When I run the System Card 2, there's some screen that says "please run with super cdrom^2" which is the System Card 3, but when I load System Card 3, it just lags there on the loading screen. When I try using the original Magic Engine ones, they just hang on a blank screen. Any help?

Windows XP/PRO
Athlon XP 1700+
256 DDR
Geforce 3 Ti500
Raligard
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: CD Rom Drive settings Reply with quote

When you run Magic Engine in XP you've got to set your CD drive letter or the program won't 'know' where to read the CD from. Also because if the features of XP drive arrangements, CD Roms are no longer always the last drives on the local drive list. Just ensure you set this parameter in your pce ini file:

drive_letter=D:

Where D: is your CD drive.

Hope this helps.

(PS. I pla Dragon Slayer all the time and works like a dream!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: