MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

More castlevania rondo of blood...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomsday Dragon
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: More castlevania rondo of blood... Reply with quote

I searched around looking for information first but all I found were people whining for a hand out of the ISO...

I already have a set of files but had no luck burning it in a format that magic engine would read using the 100 version.

Anyhow the files I have are:

dracula_X.CCD
dracula_X.cue
dracula_X.img
dracula_X.sub

If anyone knows what I should do to properly burn these to a disc so that they will actually work please lend me a hand.
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought: Why don't you try buying it? Then you'll have no problems getting it to work.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke4711 wrote:
Here's a thought: Why don't you try buying it? Then you'll have no problems getting it to work.

Amen
Doomsday Dragon
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and just how do you know that the files I have were not taken from the actual disc and maybe all I want to do is make a copy of that disc rather than beat up the original?

Seriously though I never asked for an opinion on piracy.

I asked how to take files I have and make them work which is what I believe these forums were intended for.

I never asked anything about illegally downloading the game so cut me some slack.

You know I see a whole lot of forums where users feel the need to post a reply to a question that has nothing to do with the question and all that does is drag the overall quality of the forum straight down the can.

If you can't just answer the question I asked then don't bother wasting your time replying.
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsday Dragon wrote:
maybe all I want to do is make a copy of that disc rather than beat up the original?

Check my sig.
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsday Dragon wrote:
Oh and just how do you know that the files I have were not taken from the actual disc and maybe all I want to do is make a copy of that disc rather than beat up the original?

Seriously though I never asked for an opinion on piracy.

I asked how to take files I have and make them work which is what I believe these forums were intended for.

I never asked anything about illegally downloading the game so cut me some slack.

You know I see a whole lot of forums where users feel the need to post a reply to a question that has nothing to do with the question and all that does is drag the overall quality of the forum straight down the can.

If you can't just answer the question I asked then don't bother wasting your time replying.

I apologize. The fact is, everywhere you look, you see piracy. More often than not, that is the case. But in answer to your original question, if you have the original disc, copy the cd to your hard disc as a bin/cue file using CDR-WIN. Here is the link to the website: http://www.goldenhawk.com
Once you copy the disc you can either use Daemon Tools to play the game directly from your hard disc or load the cuesheet back into CDR-WIN to burn it back to a disc. I actually have all of the games that I normally play saved to my hard drive. You're right, it saves the original disc and it's also a lot easier to keep everything organized. I have all of my actual games stacked neatly in the closet. But once again, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Piracy is one thing I just can't stand.
Doomsday Dragon
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squaresoft74 wrote:
Doomsday Dragon wrote:
maybe all I want to do is make a copy of that disc rather than beat up the original?

Check my sig.

Yeah I was checking that out prior to posting but the site was a bit confusing to me and I couldn't really find what I was after.

@ Duke:
Apology accepted.

I know many people can not stand piracy but regardless of where I even got the files I was not asking for a copy of the game my actually question has nothing to do with piracy but simply how to make ripped files work again in the format mine are in.

At any rate I sure have a bad first impression of the forums as a new user with all of what 2 posts now.

I think I will be looking elsewhere for help from now on. Please do not bother posting any more replies as I will not be back to look at them...
joetdude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomsday Dragon wrote:
I think I will be looking elsewhere for help from now on. Please do not bother posting any more replies as I will not be back to look at them...
That's too bad, as you may miss reading this post.
I'm 99% sure that your rip was made with a program called Clone CD.
In order to get it to work with real hardware, you need to burn it to a CD-R Disk using Clone CD.

In order to get it to work with Magic Engine, you can either burn it to a CD-R using Clone CD,
or you can mount it as a Virtual Drive using "Alcohol 52% Free Edition" (scroll down a bit on that page to find it).

If you are unable to get it to work properly, you either:
1. Had a scratch or foregin material (Dust & ect) on the CD when your ripped it.
2. Used a faulty or not 100% compatible optical drive for ripping.
3. Need to follow that guy's signature link to check the TOC (Table of contents).
4. Are trying to rip and/or burn using a Mac. There's a way to do it right on a Mac, but it's very specific, and i'm not privy to the details.

EDIT: I forgot to add something about Clone CD.
Personally, I've experienced many compatibility issues and corupted rips when using that program. So, as an above poster said, use cdrwin to make your TurboGrafx CD Rips.
Turbo D
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just make an exact copy of the disc Confused It'd make more sense than ripping it and then trying to burn it, Laughing
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke4711 wrote:

Assuming that he didn't own it, Do you think Konami would see a dime if he paid some price hiking jerk on ebay $150~$200 for a supposedly rare game that is readily available if you live in Japan? Nah, didn't think so. It would make more sense to buy the PSP remake for $30 so Konami would see some cash and continue to seek out a good rip of the PC-Engine version.
TurboSage
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you think Konami would see a dime if he paid some price hiking jerk on ebay $150~$200 for a supposedly rare game that is readily available if you live in Japan?

Dude, I need to move to japan.

What are they like lying on the street? Do they hand them out at Movie theatres? Ah, they must sell them for cheap at candy stores.

No matter where you are, the game demands a higher price. Its THE game to have on PCE
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be a smart ass. All I'm saying is the game isn't as rare as one might think and certainly not rare in Japan. Sure its a great game, but its over priced.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: More castlevania rondo of blood... Reply with quote

Doomsday Dragon wrote:
I searched around looking for information first but all I found were people whining for a hand out of the ISO...

I already have a set of files but had no luck burning it in a format that magic engine would read using the 100 version.

Anyhow the files I have are:

dracula_X.CCD
dracula_X.cue
dracula_X.img
dracula_X.sub

If anyone knows what I should do to properly burn these to a disc so that they will actually work please lend me a hand.

I actually have the original game, and used Nero to copy the disk, and burn it to another. It worked perfectly. Make sure when you burn it, you do so at the slowest speed possible. I used 4x. Let me know how it goes, or if you need anymore help.
theblue1
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: More castlevania rondo of blood... Reply with quote

How to make an Iso/Wav/Cue set using TurboRip

http://www.necstasy.net/uk/

Works great and fast. Has plenty of settings.
Project2501
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys first post in forever, so long my old account was deleted for inactive lol. Anyways been enjoying this game.

I used snes orama pc-cd for xbox live pce emu. Changed the files and used tocfixer. Fireburner to make a real cd, but whats the point when isos work with daemon lite.

One of the best turbo superCDs of all time.

[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: