MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

1.00-pr10-3 on Intel Mac, OS X 10.5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neotwinkie
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: 1.00-pr10-3 on Intel Mac, OS X 10.5 Reply with quote

When I go to "Open" or press command-O, nothing happens. I tried trashing my preferences file and deleting the "Magic Engine" folder in Application Support, but this didn't fix it.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't change anything in the menu code, it should still work, everything is ok here. What version of OS X and what language? Otherwise is there only this command that doesn't work or are there more?

Is anyone else having this problem, or other problems, in OS X 10.5?
neotwinkie
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10.5.1, English.

"Open recent…" also does nothing, at least back when there were still items in that menu (not since I trashed the preferences).

The other menu items at least appear to be doing what they should, not that I can tell with no game running.

The icon in the Finder / Dock does not allow .pce games to be dropped on it, nor does Magic Engine show up as an option when I right-click a game. Right-clicking a game and doing "Open With," and selecting Magic Engine (I have to select "All Applications," under "Recommended" it's greyed-out) also does nothing other than making the application active.

I tried re-downloading the DMG and replacing the file in case something got corrupted, but that didn't help. Neither did repairing permissions.

****EDIT:
I re-downloaded pr2, and it does work, so something did change with pr3. It had been such a long time since I used it that I realized I've been missing the biggest problem: the window never actually shows up! It's just a menu bar in pr3, no window with a menu at all. I'm sure this must be where all the problems are coming from.
kurtkwan
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffered the same problem as neotwinkie did...

I am using osx 10.4.11 imacg4 800ghz.
QUIZASERAQ
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here on Intel Mac 2.16 Ghz C2D with 10.5.1...
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like dmichael, I am not having any of the mentioned problems.

Magic Engine 1.00pr10-3
MacBook Pro 2ghz Core Duo

Tested with:
OS 10.4.6 upgraded to 10.5.1
and
Clean Install of OS 10.5 upgraded to 10.5.1
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the extra information, I'm getting a little idea of what's wrong.

The problem seems to be related to the 'desktop' fullscreen mode or the 'fullscreen ratio' windowed mode, these modes open a bordeless window that covers the whole desktop but for an unknown reason it doesn't seem to work on every Mac.

I don't think it's a problem specific to OS X 10.5 though as it seem to happen with 10.4 too, and it can happen with ME PR 2 too but only when using the 'desktop' fullscreen mode.

Could someone try deleting the pce.ini configuration file of MagicEngine and see if the problem still happens? To locate the file go to your home/user directory then go to Library/Application Support/MagicEngine/Config, the pce.ini file is there.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
Could someone try deleting the pce.ini configuration file of MagicEngine and see if the problem still happens? To locate the file go to your home/user directory then go to Library/Application Support/MagicEngine/Config, the pce.ini file is there.

neotwinkie wrote:
When I go to "Open" or press command-O, nothing happens. I tried trashing my preferences file and deleting the "Magic Engine" folder in Application Support, but this didn't fix it.

looks like it was already tried
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel Schmidt wrote:
looks like it was already tried

Ah, I missed it. ^^;

Hmm, by default ME doesn't start in any of the mode I mentionned, the regular windowed mode should work on any Mac, I don't do anything special, and there's no difference betweem PR 2 and PR 3 for this mode... I tried many things today but I couldn't reproduce the problem on my Mac, whatever I did it always worked... If the problem is not related to the fullscreen window then I don't know what it could be, and why it would happen more in PR 3. The only change I did in PR 3 that is related to window code is the addition of the 'fullscreen ratio' mode that was missing in PR 2.
qrayg
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Screencast of problem Reply with quote

Here's what I get on my 1.66 GHz Core Duo Mac mini on a fresh install (not an upgrade) of OS X 10.5.1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIFvqeDJPVA
kurtkwan
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly the same problem...
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded a new PR 3, I changed a few things in the window code and I have added some extra log messages to help track down the problem, if you could try this version and e-mail me (info(@)magicengine.com) the log.txt file that is in "Library/application Support/MagicEngine" that would be nice.
kurtkwan
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel,

The logtxt sent already (using your new upload), please check!

The same problem still exists...

thanks

kurtkwan
r0ni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am suffering from the same issues. No open, no GUI, cdrom games won't boot... ME pretty much does nothing. Sad

And I SO wanted that video mode! Wink

PPC/ 10.5.1

If you want my log.txt or any other info, let me know.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, from the log it seems that the problem is completely different than what I thought, it seems to be an initialization problem, no error is generated but the initialization process stop early, the main window is not even created, it's strange that the program continue to run though... OK, I got new things to check now, back to work. Smile

Thanks for sending the file. No need to send more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: