MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

iso+ogg support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emodel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: iso+ogg support Reply with quote

hi

While i completely understand people who want to run originals/carbon copies of their cd's, and would even burn every cd image to a cd, i like the idea of having all of my pce cd games on ONE dvd.
I've got all of them as iso+ogg, this works perfectly in Mednafen.
I'm aware there may be some gap things, slight sound shift or whatever, I don't care, I'm not a purist. People who care can run perfect images or originals.

So, would it be possible to add this in ME ? I'm a registered ME user and it's not even on my HD anymore due to lack off iso/ogg support. I wold much preffer using ME instead of Mednafen as it has better compatibility, better interface (to say the least), is faster...

thanks
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how iso/ogg works, but I use dtools to mount bin/cue images for use in ME and it works fine. Also works well for Ootake Smile
emodel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do this as well, but it's not the point. As I said iso+ogg allow us to have very small files, I see no reason not to support that.
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understood, but I will tell you based on past discussions that he will not add this feature. David either won't add it because of potential glitches or some moral issue he has with it. Besides if he did add it, it would be a decade before you were able to reap the benefits of it. No disrespect, to David, but ME updates come at a crippled, half dead snails pace.
emodel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denzilla wrote:
Understood, but I will tell you based on past discussions that he will not add this feature. David either won't add it because of potential glitches or some moral issue he has with it. Besides if he did add it, it would be a decade before you were able to reap the benefits of it. No disrespect, to David, but ME updates come at a crippled, half dead snails pace.

If have moral issues with having bought an emu that gets updates once every 2 years Smile
Also, Ive never had any problem with Mednafen + iso/ogg, so I'll stick with this, but it's a shame that a paying emulator doesn't offer such feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: