MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Magic Engine connects to the internet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverwinterland
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Magic Engine connects to the internet Reply with quote

I've looked online, and all over these forums and website but I cannot find an answer. I downloaded the demo, but when I went to run it it tried to connect to the internet, but I cannot see any reason why it would need to connect to the internet.

Can someone explain to me why Magic Engine connects to the internet?

Thanks.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Magic Engine connects to the internet Reply with quote

neverwinterland wrote:
I've looked online, and all over these forums and website but I cannot find an answer. I downloaded the demo, but when I went to run it it tried to connect to the internet, but I cannot see any reason why it would need to connect to the internet.

Can someone explain to me why Magic Engine connects to the internet?

Thanks.

I'd say it would be to verify if it is a registered version or not... but I think it is more likely you have downloaded a copy that has been hacked or infected with a virus. Where did you obtain it from?
neverwinterland
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: internet connection... Reply with quote

I downloaded it from here....
neverwinterland
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: nevermind... Reply with quote

i figured out what the problem was. thanks.
Joel Schmidt
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: nevermind... Reply with quote

neverwinterland wrote:
i figured out what the problem was. thanks.

What was it?
neverwinterland
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a hacked file in there. Once I deleted it, the problem went away.
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You downloaded it from magicengine.com, and it had a hacked file? Is there something you're not telling us here?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files on magicengine.com are clean, I always check them with anti-virus software, but some previous version of MagicEngine could try to connect to Internet, even the demo. It was done by DirectX though not MagicEngine itself. Each time you call a certain function of DirectX, to obtain info about the video driver (I think it was the name and version number of the driver), it would try to connect to Internet, to a Microsoft site if I remember right. But I removed this DirectX call in the latest versions of MagicEngine so now it should not connect to Internet anymore. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: