MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ME 1.1.0 Oddities/Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: ME 1.1.0 Oddities/Bugs Reply with quote

ME does something screwy with Daemon Tools 4.12.3 -

Clicking on the up arrow to the right of the CD drive in ME causes the Virtual CD Drive with the mounted ISO to disappear in the GUI and it says "No CD" The weird part about this is if you check you CD Drive within Windows, the drive appears to not have a CD/ISO mounted anymore. Checking the DTools systray, it says the ISO is still mounted but after restarting ME, the GUI still says no CD.

* How to reproduce *

Mount PCE CD ISO in DTools -> open ME -> Click "up" arrow next to CD Drive showing Game (Note that Game disappears and shows "No CD") -> Go to Computer (Note CD doesn't show in Windows anymore, but DTools shows it as still being mounted) -> Restart ME and see that game still doesn't show. You have to exit ME, Un-mount-Mount the ISO again for both ME and Windows to detect the CD again.

Enabling Vsync 1 causes FPS malfunction on ME restart -

The FPS shoots way above 60fps if you enabled Vsync in a previous session of ME. The next time I started the emulator, my FPS shot to above 200fps! This is present in both the GUI and after you start a game. The only way to fix it is to turn off/turn on Vsync. This will fix the issue untill the next time you start ME. Vsync 2 doesn't exhibit this behavior but Vsync 2 doesn't appear to work on ME restart.

LG 19" LCD @ 60Hz
ATi HD 3450 PCI-E 512 Meg
A64 X2 4400+
2GB RAM
Vista x64 SP1

ME Screen Settings:

Fullscreen 1280x1024 (32)
Direct X 8
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think that's the normal behavior, when you click the eject button ME ask to Windows to unmount the CD so it's normal that the CD disappears in both ME and Windows, and logicaly it should be unmounted in DTools too, what do you find wrong?

It was a tiny bug, ME was using the incorrect vsync setting to open the screen but later it used the right one so it sort of got all mixed up. I fixed it, you can re-download ME. Smile
unit3uk
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: ME 1.1.0 Oddities/Bugs Reply with quote

denzilla wrote:

The FPS shoots way above 60fps if you enabled Vsync in a previous session of ME. The next time I started the emulator, my FPS shot to above 200fps! This is present in both the GUI and after you start a game. The only way to fix it is to turn off/turn on Vsync. This will fix the issue untill the next time you start ME. Vsync 2 doesn't exhibit this behavior but Vsync 2 doesn't appear to work on ME restart.

LG 19" LCD @ 60Hz
ATi HD 3450 PCI-E 512 Meg
A64 X2 4400+
2GB RAM
Vista x64 SP1

ME Screen Settings:

Fullscreen 1280x1024 (32)
Direct X 8

I have the same problem after enabling vsync 1:

Sony 15" CRT - 60Hz
NVIDIA GeForce 5200
Pentium 2.4GHz
512MB RAM
Fullscreen 640x480 (16bit)
DirectX 9.0c
unit3uk
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:

It was a tiny bug, ME was using the incorrect vsync setting to open the screen but later it used the right one so it sort of got all mixed up. I fixed it, you can re-download ME. Smile

I'll re-download it, Thanks Smile
denzilla
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:

Hmm, I think that's the normal behavior, when you click the eject button ME ask to Windows to unmount the CD so it's normal that the CD disappears in both ME and Windows, and logicaly it should be unmounted in DTools too, what do you find wrong?

Ok, I thought the arrow was actually a drive selector or something so forgive my ignorance. Thanks for fixing the vsync issue so quickly Smile
michaeljamesjohnson
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried watching the intro to Ys Book I and II last night and the large picture of the anime girl holding her hands with her eyes twinkling was all messed up at the bottom of the screen and also on her hands as she was moving them down. Bunch of digital garbage. I never noticed this on the older version.

I was using System Card 3.0

Can anyone else test this?

By the way, I was also unlocking all 242 lines of resolution, but didnt think this was the issue since her hands were messed up (they start out at the lower middle of the screen). On a side note, the game seems to mirror image the leafy border at the bottom of the screen when unlocking all 242 lines. Very interesting that some of this stuff was hidden do to overscan..heh
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't test with Ys but the problem should be fixed in v1.1.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: