MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

ME 1.1 bug list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: ME 1.1 bug list Reply with quote

Hey Dave,

I've spotted a couple of bugs in this new release.

1. PSG is always at maximum volume, whatever the actual volume setting in the Audio panel. Unchecking and checking the PSG option fixes the problem, but only for the current session. Next time I restart ME, PSG volume will be at max again. Maybe ADPCM is also affected (not sure, I didn't test yet). I need to check again, but I believe that the latest release of MEFX also has the same PSG problem.

2. When forcing the SuperGrafx mode on, some games behave strangely, like they are running in slow motion (although the FPS counter still displays 60). For example, Darius Alpha, Darius Plus, TV Sports Basketball...

3. The lower half of the screen is sometimes corrupted, especially in vertical shooters. A good test case is the title screen of Battle Ace.

Good work with the multires support. Like with MEFX, I use a single 672x448 resolution which nicely handles every video mode. Scanline is now perfect :)
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the gfx issue, it was a sprite problem, the sprite cache was not always refreshed. (^^;

Checking the other issues now...
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found and fixed the sound volume problem. Smile

It was not easy to find though, it was not a bug in MagicEngine but rather a flaw in DirectX, I got around it by doing a smooth one-second volume slide at startup from max volume to the desired volume, this should not be noticeable I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: