MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Magic Engine 1.1.1 BSOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optimus78
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Magic Engine 1.1.1 BSOD Reply with quote

I have been using me for years now but when i downloaded the latest version(1.1.1) i hit a problem. Whenever i start the program i get a blue screen error and my pc restarts. I have tried loads of combinations of settings but it always happens. No log is saved. Sad Any ideas why its not working? Never had this problem with any other version. Thanks in advance for your help.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I didn't do any major change in the emulator, the only thing I completely rewrote is the CD-ROM driver, try to run MagicEngine from the command line with the -nocd option : 'c:\path\pce -nocd'

Using OpenGL make it crashes too?
optimus78
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestions but still no luck. I updated all video drivers and cleaned up the pc also. The only thing i have changed is installed xp service pack 3. Its the same with 1.1.2.
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm, I've had SP3 for about six months and didn't encounter any such problem. I guess that rules it out.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what it could be then. A BSOD usualy is a crash in the kernel, probably a driver. Does it crash right away after launching MagicEngine?
optimus78
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. As soon as i start the program. I went back to the last version before 1.1.0 and it works fine. Must be something else i've got on my pc but i can't think what. Thanks for all the suggestions.
David Shadoff
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd start by looking at the video drivers, personally.

I once had a problem with sound in MagicEngine, and traced it back to a Nvidia video driver "upgrade". Don't ask me how a video driver could do that... but it did. But keep the old version, because the newer one may have more (or different) problems than the current one.
StHiryu
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suffer the same problem, Me 100 PR 10 works fine but after launch ME 113 the blue screen appears, displaying the following messaje:
DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and at the end displays ATAPY.SYS, I tried to disengage all the drivers and controllers but it's still the same, and of course my OS is Xp sp3, but the crash happened in sp2 too Sad
I think the problem is with the cd driver since with previous releases everything goes fine, even all the others emus I have (mame, epsxe, gens32, etc) works great...
Will you fix this issue in near future releases?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: