MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

GamePad Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claude7612
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: GamePad Issues Reply with quote

I have a sidewinder usb gamepad. When I try an configure it, it goes bonkers. When i press up it says down, and when i press right sometimes it will say already used, then alot of the times it just goes nuts.. goes to each slot, an keeps going. its weird.. is something set wrong in the pce.ini file?

please help..
Jabberwok
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:31 am    Post subject: Things to try : Reply with quote

Things to try :

Is your gamepad propperly configured in 'settings\controll pannel\gaming options'? Check if your usb ports dont have any conflicts and/or problems.
Is your gamepad working correctly with anything else? What OS are you using? If you changed a few things in the INI file, try a clean one as the deffault settings usually works for a majority of configurations.

Try these tips, who knows?
Claude7612
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it works fine with other games, yes its ok in the control prop. I use WindowsXP. Yes its a fresh one. What should auto cal be at? and auto fire?
Kaminari
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with DirectX meseems. Magic Engine uses pre-USB DX3 API; works with some pads/adapters, fails with others. Nothing can't be done until ME supports DX8.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the 'auto_calibration' option in the pce.ini file, try higher and lower values (ie. 50, 90, ...). This doesn't always work but sometimes that does the trick. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: