MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Sound Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Sound Issues Reply with quote

I am having some serious sound issues with the new ME. I have tried both 1.1 and 1.1.2. After trying to adjust everything I could possibly think of, with no results, I have decided to ask here. The issue is, that when emulating from a cd, the background music is very low, with all sound effects and sounds extremely louder. Now, when I say the background cd music is low, and being overpowered by the sounds like, jumping, punching, walking, ect. , im serious. its weird, and i cant figure out why it is doing it. ive left it at default, messed with the audio, messed with the video, nothing. Just to check, I used several games that i used before with 1.0. So, what I did was select Bonk 3 CD. That has the added CD music in the background, and then literally everything bonk does has a sound effect. With both new versions, I have the sound issue. Close ME out, and start up 1.0, and it is back to the way it should be. What could be causing the sounds to be so out of whack in the newer versions, and why does it not act this way in 1.0? Question Confused Sad
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what it could be, everything works well here. When you change the volume settings in the sound panel does it affect the CD volume and the other volumes? Otherwise does anyone else have this problem?
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter what adjustments I make, it seems that the CD music is much much lower than the sound effects. Its weird since 1.0 works fine. I have no clue.
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
No matter what adjustments I make, it seems that the CD music is much much lower than the sound effects.

Yes, but does lowering the volume in the sound panel make the CD volume even lower? Actualy I want to know if the volume settings work.
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
bernielindell wrote:
No matter what adjustments I make, it seems that the CD music is much much lower than the sound effects.

Yes, but does lowering the volume in the sound panel make the CD volume even lower? Actualy I want to know if the volume settings work.

OK, I went ahead and unzipped 1.1.2 into another folder,and started it up with all defaults. Everything is fine, with an actual CD and mounting it with Daemon. I am at a loss as to why it was acting that way before, but it is working the way it is supposed to now. Weird..... Thanks!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Bug/Problem Reports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: