MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

MagicEngine 1.1.3 update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: MagicEngine 1.1.3 update Reply with quote

Latest update :

- implemented missing effects in MagicSystem music player

- fixed a few bugs in MagicSystem music player

- added a new overscan mode 'centered (224 lines)'

- added a new option in the pce.ini file '[pce] overscan_centered' to center the PC-Engine screen

- fixed the 'NO CD' problem

- fixed a bug in the scroll bar of the 'load ROM' panel

- improved the '-cd' command line option, the system card path can be omitted now

- added an option to overclock the PC-Engine CPU

- fixed a bug in the PSG DAC emulation that was affecting some PC-Engine demos

- fixed Camp California bug

Very Happy

MagicEngine 1.1.3
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. thats a lot for this update. just out of curiosity, all these .1, .2, .3 etc.. when do we know its the final? i dont think im going to download anymore versions til i know that its the ONE for a while. Shocked
Squaresoft74
Elder
Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: MagicEngine 1.1.3 update Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
- added an option to overclock the PC-Engine CPU

Thank you very much for this !! Very Happy
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Dave.
michaeljamesjohnson
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice update! Smile

Is it possible to enhance other areas of the PC Engine? Like more RAM, more simultaneous sound effects, etc.?

For instance, in Side Arms (stage 2), I have noticed that part of the background music keeps cutting out when other sound effects play (like shooting your gun, etc.). I am assuming the PCE had a limit on how many sounds it could play at one time. Can we remove this limit now? Wink
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to increase the number of sound channels, or to add more RAM or new hardware, but the games would have to be patched to take advantage of it, that's possible but it would be a huge task. ^^;
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bernielindell wrote:
wow. thats a lot for this update. just out of curiosity, all these .1, .2, .3 etc.. when do we know its the final? i dont think im going to download anymore versions til i know that its the ONE for a while. Shocked

If no new problems are reported with this update that will be the final 1.1 Smile
KingHanco

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are you going to move 5 minutes to 10 minutes for demo game play? 10 minutes will give them more time to test. Very Happy
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingHanco wrote:
When are you going to move 5 minutes to 10 minutes for demo game play? 10 minutes will give them more time to test. Very Happy

To be honest with ya, the very first time I downloaded ME, I was skeptical. However, I popped in Beyond Shadowgate, and before the 5 minute limit was reached, I had signed back into MagicEngine, and purchased my key! That was with 1.0. So, in my opinion, seeing just the intro come through, and playing the little bit I did, was plenty to convince me. And, heck, I didnt even have to wait 24 hours and I had my key. Love it!! I also had read thru these forums quite a bit before I downloaded it. I have played with a lot of emulators, and this is BY FAR my favorite!! Plenty of support, plenty of info, easy to use program. Hell, I think I paid too little. Exclamation Hopefully people who have already paid for their key, will donate some more for all these recent updates. I know I will. THANKS GUYS!!! Very Happy
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always cheat the time limit by save stating and loading a game.
A cheat provided and allowed by the author himself.
duke4711
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReyVGM wrote:
You can always cheat the time limit by save stating and loading a game.
A cheat provided and allowed by the author himself.

True, but it's a pain in the ass. I've had my key for about six years, I think I paid $16, which is nothing considering how much I paid for my Turbo Duo back in the day. Great Emulator(one of the very best for any system), great support; thanks a lot, Dave! You the man!!!
ReyVGM

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel, are you planning on a future version to make the cheats off by default? Some games won't start with the cheats on Razz

Another thing too, this has been on my mind for several years now and I always forget to ask.
It's about the ME pause key. There's something weird with it.
For example, if I pause the game (again, with the emulator pause, not the pause provided by the game) and I quickly unpause, it sometimes doesn't register the key press. I have to press it a second or third time so it registers it.
That especially happens when you take a screenshot, save or load a game, or press any emulator key. It takes like 2 or 3 seconds before you can unpause again.

Is there a way to make the emulator pause option more, what would be the phrase for it?
More quick to pause and unpause?

It's an odd request I know, but it's really annoying having to wait those seconds each time I unpause Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
michaeljamesjohnson
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmichel wrote:
It's easy to increase the number of sound channels, or to add more RAM or new hardware, but the games would have to be patched to take advantage of it, that's possible but it would be a huge task. ^^;

Can you overclock the PCE's RAM? =P

And what if you overclocked the CPU even higher than the options you offer now? Would there be any benefit?

(seriously)
Mednafen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sim Earth benefits from massive overclocking beyond what 1.1.3 provides.
Future
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Great Software Reply with quote

Wow - still updates. I purchased Magic Engine 8 years ago and it was fantastic on my DOS PC. Now I have installed Vista and run the emulator on 1920x1080. And it works so perfectly well now! Many thanks to the author. Thanks, David.

regards
Thomas
Germany
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: