MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

turbografx-cd system audio noise durring load - repair?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atarijaguar
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: turbografx-cd system audio noise durring load - repair? Reply with quote

On the actual hardware not emulator; whenever I run a CD or SCD it makes a most awful sound during during load. Something like, "nnnn nnn nnn nnnnn". Has anyone else experienced this and by chance know which component is causing it (cd-player, tg16 or interface) and perhaps how to repair the system? (I'm rather adept with the soldering iron)

Noise is produced both by the rca audio jacks as well as though the rf-switch.

Hucards do not have noise.

If I run the cd-player with just the bottom switch no noise.

If I run the cd-player with the TG16 on it makes the noise when loading between audio tracks and when seeking when the play button is first hit.

The headphones jack does not produce the noise.

Giving the system a good whack seems to help briefly, but obviously skips the disk.

It first started happening after lending it to a friend for a couple weeks back in 1993 (I mowed so many lawns to save up the $300 back in Jr. High, and was so sad! But somewhat got over it). Now turning on the system after probably a decade in the closet it's much worse than I recall it's not even tolerable even during play I hear: "nn nn nn nn nn".

P.S. I am way impressed with the latest version of Magic Engine, High Resolution, Liner Interpolation, vsync, overscan, adjustable resolution, DirectX and OpenGL support; my games look better than I ever could imagined even possible as a kid. Excellent work David & Cedric![/i]
bernielindell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here http://www.oldschoolgamer.ca This guy knows his stuff. They have everything you need, and very reasonable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: