MagicEngine
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Japanese English 

Initialization Error - KERNEL32.DLL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliotAndrews
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Initialization Error - KERNEL32.DLL Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm new to the forums, and I've been experiencing a huge problem with the latest version of Magic Engine. Though it used to start up before, somehow the program began having issues with Kernel32.dll. I've tried earlier versions, and they all report the same error:

I noticed someone else had the same issue, but there was no resolution. Instead of bumping, I thought I'd make a new thread and ask what the problem could be.

I've tried using a newer version of Kernel32.dll, and nothing seems to work. What could be causing this problem?

Thank you all for your assistance!
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happens in Windows 95/98?
I checked pce.exe, it does not import this function, so this may come from a system dll, did you upgrade anything on your PC? You could also check pce.exe with an antivirus.
EliotAndrews
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I'm running Windows XP, and PCE.EXE came from the official site and was scanned twice for problems.

It sounds like it could be on the Windows end, not the Magic Engine side. Perhaps a re-installation of Windows would help?
dmichel
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a quick search on the Net and I found out that this error is not that rare, this function of kernel33.dll is an unsupported function though so logically no program should use it. No idea how to get rid of it though. Did you install any dll in MagicEngine folder?
EliotAndrews
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's just the PCE.EXE file. That error is odd, though, and my suspicions still remain on the PC itself - Perhaps it's a sign of a damaged hard drive or something similar. Does this sound possible?
AamirM
Visitor
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliotAndrews wrote:
No, it's just the PCE.EXE file. That error is odd, though, and my suspicions still remain on the PC itself - Perhaps it's a sign of a damaged hard drive or something similar. Does this sound possible?

Try doing a completely fresh install on some other folder. Remove the previous installation completely including its folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagicEngine Forum Index -> Information/Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: